Saturday, June 10, 2006

We picked up A-1 today following her Girl Scout "Camping" trip at a local hotel and boy is she grumpy. The poor troop leader looked like she was on the verge of a nervous breakdown. She'd been confined to a hotel with 16 girls since 5:00 the night before. None of the 16 girls went to sleep until after 2:00 this morning and then it was only because the tl insisted. Anyway, I asked A1 to pick up her shoes which had been left in the living room. Her reply was, "Yes, Ma'am!" in a sarcastic tone of voice that bought her a oneway ticket to her bedroom. She isn't even 10 yet and her attitude has her in trouble. If this is a precurser to the teenage years then we're screwed. Remember that maternal longing I whined about yesterday? It's gone. Killed. Finito. Never again.

Other than pre-teen rebellion all is welll up here. My poor DH on the other hand is having a bad weekend. He stayed in Portland because his National Guard unit had drill. Last night while driving from a friend's to the hotel he was involved in a three car accident. The cause of which was a pedestrian walking down a highway ramp... duh. Luckily nobody was seriously injured. The car that rear-ended DH's was totalled. DH drives a Toyota Echo and it only sustained minor damage to the rear end. And then this afternoon he sent me an email saying that he was sick with the stomach virus that we all had earlier this week. I'm still waiting to see if he'll be able to drive the three hours home tomorrow night. If not then I'll take a train down and drive him back.

Admission requirements for the University of Washington's Tacoma Teaching Certification program arrived today. I might actually qualify! Whether I'll apply or not will depend on when B starts work again and if we re-locate. He's going to take some certification classes next month in the Seattle area. He would be able to do just about any of the IT jobs that he sees listed, but because he doesn't hold the actual certifications he's automatically disqualified for many of the jobs. And honestly, there are a lot of unemployed IT people right now so competition is tough. At this point we'd consider moving just about anyplace.

I'm still working on sweater sleeves, I don't want to post pictures until it's completed. Here's hoping that the official "Knitting in Public Day" had lots of participants. Cheers.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Heide,
I honestly believe that 'teenage' attitude is kicking it at a lower age. My 12 and 10 year olds have certainly got it. Hasn't hit the 8yo yet!!!

10:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I read somewhere years ago that hormones start in on children at 10. You are spared the constant hormonal outrages, but you get a "glimpse" of them. Oh joy! Poor Brian. It sounds like his weekend sucks. I hope he feels well enough to get home on his own, but thank goodness you can go drive him back if necessary. Can't wait to see the pictures of your sweater. I love the colorway for sure. Hang in there kiddo. I'm pulling for you. BTW, the IT job market in St. Louis sucks, but I'll keep an ear out for surrounding areas.

6:18 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home