Saturday, June 03, 2006

A bug invades and not much knitting...


Yesterday afternoon A3 suddenly started vomiting. The poor kidlet was up all night long and once her tummy was empty she had dry heaves until well into today. I had to shampoo the carpet in her bedroom and wash all of the bedding. The good news is that she's starting to feel better. The bad news is that this 24 hour bug is extremely contagious and my guess is that we'll all take turns hugging the toilet over the next couple of days.

A1 & A2's bedroom has been painted and most of the molding and window framing is completed. A1 wanted purple and A2 wanted blue. The compromise was pale periwinkle with white trim and both beds have purple, blue and green paisley bedspreads. That was the last of the paneled bedrooms. I hate paneling. The laundry room still has paneling, but I don't care too much about that.


There were several inquiries regarding the knitting thimble that I purchased several days ago. The picture was horrible because it was dark and the thimble was still in the package which reflected the flash. Here is a picture of it out of the package I haven't tried knitting with it yet. It seems pretty loose though and it feels like it will spin around while I'm knitting. If this is the case then I'll just resume the two-handed (one and half for me, I'm clumsy) method of fair isle.


The weather was overcast and cool today but there was no rain so I mowed the lawn. Tomorrow I'll work on the weedeating. Well, off to make some popcorn and then the girls and I are going to watch Amadaeus.

4 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

I'm glad A3 is feeling better! Sounds miserable. I hope the rest of you are spared...

9:41 PM  
Blogger Terri said...

Hope A3 is on the mend. Horrible things those vomiting bugs. We've had something similar here this weekend too. Not nice.

12:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry to hear about A3, I sure hope she's doing much better by now! All the very best to her!

9:21 AM  
Blogger Karen said...

Oh no, those bugs are the worst. I hope she is feeling back to normal soon, and that the rest of you fly under the Bug Radar!!

11:31 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home