Friday, May 19, 2006

No rants, I promise!

In the words of Larry the Cable Guy, "Lord I apologize for that, heh, heh". Sorry about yesterday's soap box tirade regarding the federal Veterans' programs.

I called my neighbor and we both were relieved to postpone the garage sale until after school is out. Hooray!

I mailed my Dye-O-Rama buddy's yarn two days ago and I can't wait for her to receive it! At the slight risk of her seeing it here before she does receive it, here it is...

She specifically asked for blue and brown together. This is Kona Superwash Merino from Wool2Dye4. It was very soft and nice to work with. It does seem slightly thinner than other sock yarns I've encountered though so it may require using size 0 or 1 needles only and adjusting accordingly for the correct guage. And because she is traveling with her new pal, Purl the Beaver, it is named "Purl's Delight" and it features Purl on the label. There are also lots other goodies in the package too that I hope she'll enjoy. This was a really fun exchange to participate in. Some of the yarns shown at the Dye-O-Rama site are really pretty. Well, back to my housework. Hope everybody has a great weekend!

9 Comments:

Blogger aija said...

Wow, that is really beautiful! Lucky pal!!!

12:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The yarn turned out quite beautiful. Nice work. Also, I'm glad you don't have to do the garage sale this weekend. Hope the weather is good so you can all enjoy. I think your heat is on it's way here. Take care.

1:07 PM  
Blogger Melissa said...

The yarn looks gorgeous! Good job!

1:48 PM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

Love the yarn you dyed! Thos eare my favorite colors and it looks so vivid.

2:03 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

Your yarn is beautiful - I'm sure your pal will love it. I have to get dyeing myself!!

6:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

beautiful colors!! I'm sure she'll love it :o)

9:55 PM  
Blogger Dipsy Doodle said...

That's such a gorgeous yarn, I absolutely love the colors - and I'm sure your pal is going to love it too!

10:20 PM  
Blogger craftymodster said...

Hey. I just found your blog via Jen's (Pie Knits) and I am so joyous. I am a fellow Washingtonian (Seattle) mama who is currently on a long hiatus from knitting (I need the break). I am just having a little looksie around here. Your knitting is impressive. That YARN you dyed is gorgeous!

I will go now and look around a bit more!
anjo

12:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I ADORE this yarn! Purl got packed by mistake, so she won't be featured on any travel pix, but she will appear next to this beautiful yarn tomorrow!! Thanks for all the great treats, and for the prettiest yarn EVAH!

11:01 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home