Sunday, May 14, 2006

Contest Winner.


Thank you everybody who took my quiz! First off, here are the correct answers:

1) What is my favorite animal?
b) Cat
2) What is my natural hair color?
d) All of the above (Brown, red & gray)
3) What musical instrument did I play in high school?
a) Clarinet
4) What was my major field of study in college?
d) English
5) If I were stranded on a deserted island what luxury item would I want (assuming I had water, food and Shelter)?
d) All of the above (knitting, pictures of my daughter & something else I can't remember)
6) Which branch of the military did I serve in after college?
b) Air Force
7) Which of these jobs have I NOT done?
b) Elementary School Teacher
8) What is my favorite camping activity?
a) Fishing
9) I once left my car in the middle of the road because there was a ___________ in the car with me.
d) Spider
10) I met my husband while taking a class in college. What did he teach?
c) Fencing

Now I believe some explaining is in order. My hair was a mixture of red & brown naturally. It was never quite auburn though. In recent years I am finding more "platinum" hairs. As far as the jobs that I have NOT held. I don't know what to say about this one. I fully expected that a mother of three who knits and drives a mini-van would never have been suspected of nude modeling. But no, you all believed that I took my clothes off, nobody chose that as unbelievable from my past. What most of you said was that I had never been a tax collector. Indeed, I did collect taxes for the City of Bellingham for almost three years. I love fishing, but in recent years the sleeping on the ground thing hasn't been very appealing, so camping isn't even a real issue. So this was probably unfair to ask. I am an admitted freak about spiders. And finally, although I did take a fencing class that my husband taught, we did not date, etc. until a year later.

Without further ado and in no particular order, here are the contestants:

Karen O, Katt, Cindy, Aija, Jennifer, Trek, Ferg, Emy, Truckrlady, Karen, Fitknit, Karyn, JessaLu, PoMo Golightly, Brian Your Husband, Tisha and Holly.

And here is our state of the art method of selection:

And the winner is...

Aija!

Congratulations Aija! Please contact me or leave a comment so I can get your prize to you.

Also, here is a picture of my new sock bag that I bartered with Trek for. It rocks! There are little paw prints all over the outside and the inside is Green, my favorite color! Thank you again, Trek!

5 Comments:

Blogger aija said...

Wow, omg! I think I do need to buy a lotto ticket :)

Thanks! I'll email you my details :)

10:21 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks for the quiz, Heide. It was fun doing it and I found out alot about you!

10:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah, I love that little story with the spider - I would have reacted the same way, I'm so terrified of these crawling creatures, argh! Great to get to know these little tidbits about you!

12:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats to Aija! I do so love your little sock bag. Hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day!!

12:32 PM  
Blogger Crankipantz said...

Oh! I totally missed this contest! I need to make sure I check here more often. I'll be looking out for your next contest and I'm going to WIN! :-)

8:59 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home