Friday, May 19, 2006

Dye-O-Rama Meme

Okay, so this is really, really late and for all I know my Dyeing buddy has already decided to dye plain black for me out of spite for my laziness, but here it is.

Your favorite colors? Green, blue & purple. Brown, rust and reds are nice too
Preferred yarn weight (Fingering, Sport, DK, maybe even Worsted)?sock
Do you prefer solid or multicolored yarn?I like both, lace looks better without lots of colors and less ornate patterns look good with color variations.
If your buddy is able to do so, would you like a variegated, self-striping, or self-patterning yarn? I love it all!
Would you be interested in a wool blend sock yarn (nylon, tencel, silk, acrylic, alpaca, etc.)? Only if the yarn isn't too stiff to work with, some yarns hurt my hands.
Imagine the perfect colorway. What would you name it? Too hard to name just one colorway, I love so many.
What was the biggest appeal to you for joining this dye-along? Create new yarn and meet new knitters/bloggers

General yarn/fiber questions:
Have you dyed yarn/fiber before? yes
If so, what’s your favorite dye and method? I'm not experienced enough yet to have a favorite method as I've done so little dyeing.
Do you spin? No. I own a drop spindle, but my hands can't get the knack of making it go the correct direction.
Have you knit socks before? I love to knit socks, and yes I have.
Do you use sock yarn for just socks or in other patterns too?I use sock yarn for shawls and gloves too.
What are some of your favorite yarns? Wools and silks, no particular brand
What yarn do you totally covet?Koigu is delightful but too expensive for me.
Favorite patterns? I'll try anything.
Any pattern you would love to make if money and time were no object? I can't choose just one.
Favorite kind of needles (brand, materials, straights or circs, etc)? Bamboo or wood, or addi turbos. Straight and circs both.
If you were a specific kind of yarn, which brand and kind of yarn would you be? Something with lots of colors, but warm and comfortable, like wool.

Nothing to do with knitting/yarn/fiber in any way but seemed kinda fun:
Do you have a favorite candy or mail-able snack? Chocolate is always wonderful.
What’s your favorite animal?Cat
Do you have pets? What are their species/names/ages? Tasha/Cat/16+, Bonny/Cat 9 months, 4 chickens, Spotty, Raven, Ariel and Peeper, all about 3 years old.
If you were a color what color would you be?green
Describe your favorite shirt (yours or someone else’s)..plain white cotton t-shirt
What is your most inspiring image, flower, or object in nature? I don't know
Tell me the best quote you’ve ever heard or read. "I don't know what weapons will be used in world war three but world war four will be fought with sticks and stones." Albert Einstein.
Do you have a wishlist?No
Anything else you’d like to share with the group today? I'm easy to please and I'm really looking forward to receiving some special yarn!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home