Saturday, May 27, 2006

Thank you Chris and new meds!

Whoo hoo, I had a final neurology appointment on Thursday (our insurance runs out soon). Anyway, the doctor was very nice and although I didn't have another MRI he seemed to think that my Copaxone shots are indeed working. He also prescribed two new medications. One of them is making all of the difference in the world to how I feel. No more foggy days, I can resume life as a functioning member of society!

In today's mail I received a lovely surprise from Chris over at her blog, "Stumbling over Chaos." There are 480 yards of Brooklyn Handspun's Carnival, already wound into a center-pull skein and ready for metamorphosis into some wild socks. Also there is a coaster with yarn pictured. This will be perfect to set my beverages on while knitting away. Thank you Chris!












I started a new sock yesterday. This one is in Blue Moon Fiber Arts' Socks that Rock in the Alina colorway and the pattern is "Fan and Feather" from Socks, Socks, Socks.

I'm off to clean out our garage. Someday we hope to actually be able to park the cars in there... what a concept eh?

8 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

Yay!! You're very welcom. :) I'm glad it arrived so quickly and that you like it!! I hope the Carnival makes you some happy and fun socks!

You just started that Feather & Fan sock yesterday?! Wow - you made a lot of progress. It's lovely.

And glad to hear about the new meds working so quickly and well!

11:52 AM  
Blogger aija said...

The bmfa colorway is beautiful knit up! :)

1:17 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

I'm so glad you are feeling better. What great sock yarn!! And your new sock is really pretty - love the colors. Some day I'll have Socks that Rock yarn!!

2:16 PM  
Blogger Terri said...

Glad you're feeling better. :o) The Feather and Fan socks really do rock. Love the colour!

6:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to hear the meds are working! Yay!

Pretty yarn - and beautiful sockage!

6:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so glad to hear that the meds are working, what a relief this must be for you!
And I love the socks you've been starting, such cheerful colors and an amazing pattern! Beautiful!

4:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I sound like a broken record. I do love the socks. You are still my hero. Is the garage clean? Thank God I don't have one. The basement and attic are enough for me. Have a great weekend, kiddo!

6:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so excited that you like rhubarb. Please let me know what you think of the pie. An almond rusk is a Swedish biscotti.

2:24 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home