Thursday, June 01, 2006

The end is almost nigh...

Tomorrow is the last day of preschool for my youngest daughter, A3. Today students were allowed to bring their pet to school for show and tell. Because our kitties do not tolerate car trips well or enjoy being man-handled by hoards of small sticky people they were granted pet day amnesty. As a result one of our chickens was bestowed with the honor. Auditions were held and the competition was fierce, but in the end Raven's beauty, talent and congenial personality made her the obvious choice. Actually, she was the only one I could catch. All went well and she's back safely with her chicken sisters and has probably forgotten her adventure already.














I started another pair of socks for the Christmas basket. This pair is from the leftover "Purl's Delight" that I dyed for the charming and effervescent PoMo Golightly. They weren't supposed to stripe! Darn it anyway.



This afternoon I had to make a much-dreaded trip to WalMart. I really hate going to that store. Anyway, because the girls and the chicken weren't with me I wondered over for a gander at the Red Heart and Novelty Yarns. About the only fiber there I'd consider knitting with would be the Peaches & Cream cotton for dishrags. Anyway, this tool caught my eye so I picked one up. Most of you who frequent LYS's have probably seen these before, but most of my fiber comes via the internet so I hadn't. I'm planning on making a fair isle pullover with some Debbie Bliss baby cashmerino and maybe I'll give this a try for holding the yarn. For the last fair isle I tried the Philosopher's wool two-handed method.



Tonight is A-1's Girl Scouts' Awards ceremony. I also have to make a main dish for A-3's last day of school potluck. Aack, that means another trip to the grocery store, we have nothing here that other people would eat! Cheers all.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Heide: Wonderful story about the chicken and going to school. I bet Raven and A3 were a huge hit. I hate Walmart, too, but sometimes you just gotta bite down and go. What was the tool you got? I couldn't see it real well. Is it a bobbin for your yarn?

2:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, I was just making a postscript. I wanted to tell you that I really like your yarn. I like the striping. Why don't you like it?

2:51 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

I love your stripey yarn! And the chicken story - priceless.

5:19 PM  
Blogger Crankipantz said...

Ohh...how fun would it be to take my pet to WORK?! I just might have to try it and see how much I get done with a 78 lb. greyhound running around.

7:51 PM  
Blogger Coleen said...

I love that "take your chicken to school" day! Was the chicken a hit with the kids? I too like your stripey yarn - pretty colors!

8:41 PM  
Blogger Gillian said...

Hello Heide, ditto Cindy's question. What is that tool you got at Walmart and if it's good enough to buy, why haven't I got one? I love tools and gadgets,
Cheers Gillian

2:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the look of Purl's Delight knit up--what goodness!

7:53 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home