Monday, June 05, 2006

I done fixed me a bicycle!

A3 has been asking to ride a two-wheeler for quite some time now. The problem was that the only bicycle small enough for her had flat tires. The operative word here being HAD. I changed my first bicycle tire today! I've changed plenty of car tires throughout my adult life, but while growing up my Dad always just took care of anything pertaining to mechanics. I tightened the chain and gave it a good spray down with WD-40 too. The entire endeavor took me approximately one hour. A3 eagerly awaited, bouncing with anticipation the entire time. She begrudgingly took a picture. I told her that Daddy would need proof that Mommy did this alone. When the moment of completion arrived she climbed on the bike, pedaled several feet then dropped the bicycle on the lawn and went to swing and play on the slide. But, but... oh well.









In the Friday mail I received this lovely postcard handmade courtesy of Peacock. It was made during May for Project Spectrum and green just happens to be my absolute favorite color! Thank you T!




In today's mail my the June Bug sock yarn arrived from Industrious Mama-E. It features lovely shades of blue with subtle variations and I can't wait to use it. Thank you Mama E!





I have precious little knitting progress to share. Hopefully these socks will be finished today so I can work on a sweater.

Off to the grocery store. I feel like I'm catching the stomach virus and we really need milk and bread. Cheers.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love your toes. Isn't that typical of a kid? You work your butt off (nice job btw) and the child is interested for about 1.5 minutes. The yarn is beautiful and so is the card.

12:28 PM  
Blogger Gillian said...

Multi-talented! You never cease to amaze me. What can't you do?

Keep clear of that bug though, it doesn't sound at all nice.
Cheers Gillian

3:25 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Will you come fix my bike next? Your toes are adorable!

7:21 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home