Friday, June 09, 2006

Friday Errands

Just about to head out for my Friday errands. Today I'll pick up the last of my Copaxone shots. So far I've not qualified for any supplemental insurance or drug coverage programs and we don't have the $1,500 a month to buy them outright. I'll probably take them every other day to stretch out the effects. That way if by some chance I can't get more then I won't just be quitting cold turkey and if we can get insurance I won't have to work on building up the effects of the Glatirimer Acetate from scratch. My other meds I can theoretically do without, I'll just be tired and cranky.

I also need to stop by the Girl Scout Store and pick up some badges for A-1's vest and update her uniform. She's really getting big and I can't believe she'll be in 5th grade next year!

Heck, lately I've been plagued with a strange phenomenon. All of my girls are out of diapers (obviously) and will be in school full-time this next year. I've dreamed of this day for years. But now I keep seeing people with small babies and I want one. I want to hold it and smell it and feed it... Somebody please come and slap me upside the head. Not only could we not afford another one, but I'm 38 years old for goodness sake. Hormones stink! I don't think that I really want one, holding someone else's until it cries or needs a diaper change might be all I need.

No new knitting pictures, I'm starting the second sleeve of the dreaded Liv sweater. Cheers.

7 Comments:

Blogger Melissa said...

You sound busy! Knitting time will cure that! :)

10:38 AM  
Blogger Wendy Stackhouse said...

I know what you mean, only I'm just 43. When I think about babies, I feel a bit wistful, but then remember that I'm only 15 months from full-time school and if I had another one I would be (drum roll, please) 49 when they are all in (plus the joy of three kids in three different schools at the same time). Oh, no, thanks, I'll just hold my friend's three month old, thank you very much.

1:47 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

Uh oh, I'm 38 . . . . and haven't started yet. How do we get old so fast??

2:28 PM  
Blogger Gillian said...

Quick, rush out and visit all the babies you know and change their nappies after a big sleep!
You'll get through it.
A friend went for "one more" after her two boys went off to kindergarten and had TWO more (twin boys).
Cheers Gillian
PS. I know I'm not alone in wishing I could do something to help about the medication. When I think of the billions wasted on "recreational drugs" it makes me seethe. If anyone out there has any ideas, please share them

3:25 PM  
Blogger Terby said...

Babies smell good, but they're an awful lot of work. You just need to have one come visit for a few hours, preferably one that's feeling cranky.

You probably have tried this already, but have you talked to your doctor about the insurance running? Sometimes they have resources you wouldn't run across. Good luck with it all.

4:07 PM  
Blogger Quilt'n & Scrap'n TruckRLady said...

excuse me...your how old? I could've swore you and I were the same age...not me being older...

better get a calculater and double check that one, cause I think your losing it...lo9l

hugss
Christy :-)

7:25 PM  
Blogger Heide said...

I am indeed 38. I'll be 39 in July. I was only 17 when I graduated from high school. So neener, neener, neener old lady! :)

8:19 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home