Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Knittin' the dog a bone...

My pal Cindy is spreading the word about another worthy cause to be championed by knitters and crocheters alike. It seems that Basil and Abner are heading up a drive to collect hand knitted, crocheted, felted or sewn toys, bedding or other items that can be used and loved by shelter animals. There are links to patterns, pictures of adorable and adoptable animals and a link to an address where the toys, etc. can be mailed. Making a critter happy is wonderfully rewarding by itself, but believe it or not there are even going to be drawings for prizes and everyone who contributes something will be entered. Talk about a great feel-good project! I'm felting catballs with dingle bells tonight.

In other news... B's little red Toyota Echo is considered totaled. The damage didn't look too bad and he was able to drive it home, but when the auto shop pulled the panels they discovered that the frame was crunched up pretty bad. I'm glad this was a slow accident, had it been at high speeds the car would not have provided much protection. Anyway, so once the insurance people settle the paperwork then it's time for some used car shopping. I'd rather have a root canal.

Cheers everyone!




4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for sharing this link, helping shelter animals is always such a great thing to do and I for one will definitely join!
Did I get this right, B had a car accident? Oh my gosh, I hope he didn't hurt himself? Is he doing fine? And I sure hope all the insurance stuff will be settled soon - happy car buying :(

5:01 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I am SO glad B is ok! eh...let him have the fun at looking. He can just call you to do final approval.
And, belated congrats on the bike! Yes, we of the "Handy Girls" need to stick together. Let's see, we have transportation taken care of, lawn irrigation, and just need to master electrician and plumbing. lol

8:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry about the car. Thankfully, B is ok, but still, Damn. And I'm sure Abner and Basil are grateful for your help. The more the better, right? Take care, kiddo.

8:12 AM  
Blogger Melissa said...

Glad he's okay. I hate car shopping, but love new cars!

9:03 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home