Friday, June 16, 2006

Great Start to the weekend!

Happy Friday Y'all!

We've had some good news today. We can do a buy-back for salvage on B's car and pay the difference between what insurance will pay us and what the actual repairs will be. That means we don't need a car loan. YEAH! I hate debt.

Also, A1 and A2 received scholarships to attend Girl Scout Camp! I may do some volunteer time out at the camp. Last year I ran the first grade group and it was wonderful... exhausting, but wonderful. I didn't have the time to take on a project that big again this year.

And tonight my sister, Jackie, graduates from dental assistant school in Olympia. She's worked very hard and is the top graduate from her class. We're all very proud of her. I'm bringing A1 with me to the graduation and then she'll leave from there with my mom for a few days.

My mom is a fabulous seamstress and A1 wants to learn how to sew, so they will have several days of lessons. Later this summer A2 will spend some time at grandma's taking painting lessons. A3 still doesn't want to be away from me overnight.

Speaking of A3, the little monkey has taught herself how to ride a two-wheeler in just under a week!

I cast on a pair of Jaywalkers in the JuneBug colorway from Mama-E's PS Sock club last night. Hopefully there will be some knitting time this afternoon. Cheers!



7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats to Sis on graduation! I'm so glad you don't have to buy a new car. Sewing is a wonderful thing to learn (even if you don't like it you can use it). Painting lessons would be fun. What a lovely summer for the girls (and Mom). Your Jaywalkers look terrific. You are the busiest little bee, girl. You put me to shame. Have a terrific weekend!

12:04 PM  
Blogger sheep#100 said...

Congrats to Jackie!
And you're so right: debt sucks.

12:55 PM  
Blogger Coleen said...

those jays are beautiful! Gotta love Mama E!

12:59 PM  
Blogger Gillian said...

Thankyou for sharing all that good news. It put a smile on my face too.
Cheers Gillian

1:55 PM  
Blogger Wendy Stackhouse said...

Glad to hear about camp. I'll be applying for scholarships eventually, but my DD is not old enough to be away overnight. I am the leader of her troop, though, so mom goes camping with her.

Sounds like a fun summer! I hope I can get DD to knit for more than 5 minutes (without whining). She likes it but gets frustrated before she gets into the "zone."

2:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great news on the insurance front, and congrats to Jackie!
I love how your Jays are coming along, such a gorgeous yarn that you chose - it seems to work perfectly well with the pattern!

5:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like a fabu summer for your girls!

The jaywalkers look wonderful...I'm inspired to work on mine!

5:48 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home