Wednesday, December 20, 2006

All I want for Christmas is...

no, not my two front teeth, I already have two Chicklet sized chompers that would rival Mr. Ed's in girth. What I really, really want is a transmission for my 1997, 6 cylinder, automatic Dodge Caravan. The poor old thing lost it today while my DH and A1 were heading to the store. It just dropped* . Ker plunk. Luckily they weren't too far from home. I'm searching the internet tonight and wrecking yards tomorrow (via the telephone, obviously) for a used transmission.

I'm thinking that Jessalu's bumper sticker curse is contageous. And believe it or not, I thought of her and the curse while installing this . And although it isn't technically a bumper sticker, it is the closest thing to one I've had.



I took advantage of the girls' last school day and wrapped presents in their absence. I stink at wrapping packages, but I didn't want to resort to the reusable gift bags. There is just something satisfying and necessary about ripping the paper off of packages at Christmas time.


The dolphin hasn't been cast on yet because of other pressing matters, but maybe tomorrow. One of the "pressing matters" included baking and decorating gingerbread people for A1's school party.





Other than some last minute knitting and vehicle repair, we're as ready for the holiday as we'll ever be. Hope you're all remembering to slow down and enjoy yourselves. Cheers.

* Okay, it technically did not "drop" out on the ground, that was just the sound the engine made as it died. I wonder if I could knit a transmission?

11 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Hey, speaking of people who need to slow down and enjoy the season LOL!!!!

11:28 PM  
Blogger Ye Merrie Quilter said...

Hi! I posted a response to your question on my blog, but I need to get your direct email address again. I'm typing from Kelly's computer (mine is still "under the weather") and I don't have it in the mailbox. Send it to the klostheller address, K?
Thanks!
K

12:12 AM  
Blogger Cindy said...

I am so sorry about the van. I'm ever hopeful that my 98 Jeep will be fine forever (heh). Hope you can find the transmission on the cheap. I love the gingerbread folks. My baking will be on Saturday. That, and wrapping. Take care!!!!

5:07 AM  
Blogger Karen said...

Oh no, who knew the bumper sticker curse was contagious?? Here's hoping Santa puts that new transmission under your tree. Love the army of gingerbread men, they look adorable.

5:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Of course you can knit a transmission! Now, can you knit the oil and fluids and such needed to make it run? :) Good luck and a good holiday to you.

12:22 PM  
Blogger V said...

Oye. I'm sorry about the car! But your cookies fook sooooo cute and tasty!

Merry Christmas Heide!!

10:55 AM  
Blogger V said...

What the hell is wrong with my fingers lately? Look LLLLook! Jeez....I think its too cold in this stupid office!

10:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay for knitting a transmission ;)))
Happy Holidays, and all the very best to you and your family!

12:03 AM  
Blogger Ye Merrie Quilter said...

What's with the Gingerbread skull & cross bones? And the Gingerbread Dinosaur? Why do I feel like I'm reading an I-Spy book? Now I want to make gingerbread!! Looks yummy!
Love, Karen

10:46 AM  
Blogger Terri said...

The gingerbread looks wonderful Heide! Hope you get a chance to unwind a bit over the holiday. Have a wonderful Christmas my friend! :o)

6:06 PM  
Blogger Crankipantz said...

Those are some delicious looking gingerbread people! Hope you have a great Christmas...starting right now on the east coast!

:-)

9:04 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home