Thursday, December 14, 2006

Beta Blogger Bites


Switching to the new Beta blogger was not, I repeat, NOT a good idea. I won't bore you with my frustrations on that front. Hopefully I can figure out how to switch back without deleting my blog.


Yesterday this lovely 100% silk yarn in Kaleidoscope arrived. It was hand dyed by Dave over at Cabin Cove. I've never had silk yarn before and it's amazing. The colors are so pretty! I've no idea what to make from it. Perhaps I'll just sleep with it under my pillow.
Now off to hang curtains and bake some cupcakes and wrap Christmas & birthday presents. Another storm is upon us, which means rain, wind and probable flooding in the lower regions. No worries though, we're prepared. Cheers!
Aaack! Several people have confirmed my fear of not being able to restore my previous account with the old blog version.

6 Comments:

Blogger sheep#100 said...

The Kaleidescope is beautiful.

I don't think you can rollback from Blogger Beta. Sorry.

2:22 PM  
Blogger Wendy Stackhouse said...

I'm pretty sure when we switched over, they warned us that there was no going back...let me know if I'm wrong! I like being able to drag the photos, but I end up signing in eight hundred times a day!

3:39 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

Hmmm, I've been sad that my blog isn't able to move over yet - maybe I should consider myself lucky instead. I hope they work out the kinks soon for you!!! That yarn is beautiful. Wow, I would have no idea what to knit with silk yarn . . . it sounds so luxurious!!

6:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So pretty! What are you going to do with it???

Thanks for that heads up about the blogger upgrade....I had my doubts and have continued to ignore they're messages, but I almost did it the other day. Thank goodness! I hope all your kinks get worked out!

Ack...this is V....it hasn't been letting me log into to comment all morning! Grrrrrr!
Stay warm in the storm!

6:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OK. It's day 2 and I'm trying to comment again. I hate beta blogger. I love the yarn. How many yards? The colors are stunning and I sound like an idiot. I am frustrated because this is the third time I've tried!!!!! Anyway, have a great weekend Kiddo and stay dry!

12:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm really glad I didn't switch over to Beta! I hate signing up for new stuff and not knowing how it'll turn out, but I'm glad I waited...I'm sorry you had to be the guinea pig and let us know that it sucks.
Love, Karen

3:49 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home