Monday, December 04, 2006

Gratificationus Instantaneous

Sometimes we all need a quickie. Hang the long courtship that takes place between yarn as it searches for "the right" pattern. Ditch the formalities of toying with gauge swatches. Plunge with abandon into soft squishy fiber with sticks furiously ablaze. Frenzied knitting ends suddenly, sooner than expected. No blocking and only a few loose ends to clean up, then just walk away. No need for drawn out, awkward goodbyes. You are left feeling satisfied and rejuvenated. Commitment to a long-term fiber relationship no longer feels like a trap. Such have been my recent projects.












Fetching in Debbie Bliss Baby Cashmerino edged with glass beads













A1 reluctantly models a hat made with some
plain old Cascade 220 and a whim.

These quickies have felt so liberating that I might have a few more "flings" before entering into an enduring fiber relationship. Cheers.

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I bought the most delicious skein of baby alpaca (just because I couldn't resist) for Fetching mitts last week. If I could just justify cheating on the sweater! But having reached sleevage, I must press on. Sigh. I really want those mitts!

8:06 AM  
Blogger V said...

Those came out beautiful! I'm up to my eyeballs in mitts, so I figure I have a good view now, right? :)

10:00 AM  
Blogger Cindy said...

I love the mitts. Aren't they a fun knit? Of course, I didn't add the beads, show off! The hat is darling. They may be quickies for you, but not for me. The mitts usually take me about 3 days (not straight through :),

10:29 AM  
Blogger Karen said...

A quicky once and a while can be wonderful - heh heh. (I meant Knitting!!!) I love your idea to put beads on Fetching . . . it may inspire me to finally try knitting with beads. :)

2:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't tempt me! Not fair!!!

4:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

They both look great! I think I might have to make a pair of those mitts...

9:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooh, they look great!

10:32 AM  
Blogger Terri said...

The quickies look terrific. I really like Fetching. Great colour. Makes me wish it was cold enough over here in winter to wear things like this. :o)

9:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh yes, quickies are always perfect ;) I particularly love the hat you did, it looks amazing - and well, the Fetchings are certainly one of the best patterns around, what a great and pretty much instant gratification!

1:50 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home