Thursday, November 16, 2006

Culture Fool

Have y'all seen the new Comcast commercials featuring Mr. T bursting through the shower wall of a man butchering the words to a well-known song? Well, I AM A KNITTING CULTURE FOOL! IF we subscribed to digital cable or if I visited cool websites like DIY then I would know who Vickie Howell is. As most of you probably know she hosts a television show called Knitty Gritty.

Last week I ordered some yarn from Scout's Handpainted Swag. When the yarn was dyed and ready to send (I don't think Scout ever sleeps) she e-mailed me to say that Vickie Howell and I had both ordered the Rosalie colorway at the same time, it was dyed in the same batch and "How cool was that?". Now any of you who have conversed with me either live or via email know that I'm a bit of a scatterbrain. I just assumed that Vickie Howell was somebody from a knitting swap I'm participating in. As a result the following emails between Scout and I became a "Who's on First" type of exchange. She soon ascertained that I had no clue as to Vickie Howell's identity so she kindly sent me a link. I am now enlightened!


This is the gorgeous yarn (and some much-needed "Heal My Hands") which arrived yesterday.



And here's a close up envy shot...

Not only is this yarn gorgeous, but it's soft too. I don't know what to make with it yet, but for now I'm happy to just fondle it, stare at it and know that somebody famous has the same yarn dyed in the batch.

Today's Bento lunches for the girls consisted of do-it-yourself mini pizzas. The idea was shamlessly copied from somebody else's blog as their version of the popular Lunchables. The crusts are simply some mini pita breads picked up in the deli section of a local grocery store. The homemade pizza sauce can be squeezed out of a small hole which is cut into the corner and covered with a sticker. Not only are these less expensive than Lunchables, but I can control sodium, etc.

Now off to Portland to have some documents shredded and run a few other errands. If you have a moment today then pop over to Cindy's blog and give her a virtual hug or a quick note. The poor dear is recooperating from having a tooth extracted. Ouch!

6 Comments:

Blogger Cindy said...

I know who Vickie Howell is:) I'm more impressed that you ordered this gorgeous yarn and now you absolutely MUST knit something for yourself with it. I mean it. It's stunning. Also, will you pack my lunch? Yours look so good. Thanks for the hugs. I'm better, but still a bit achey. Still in all, I'm much much better. Have fun in Portland and be safe.

10:28 AM  
Blogger sheep#100 said...

We're trying to eat healthier here at chez trek as well. Today, my lunch was thee whole grain crackers (no sat fat) topped with homemade chicken salad (just enough mayonnaise to stick the bits together - don't like it greasy) and all the baby carrots I could choke down. Fairly balanced, eh?

10:28 AM  
Blogger Karen said...

You are just too funny!!! I love the new yarn - Scout is a dying goddess. :)

12:12 PM  
Blogger Scoutj said...

That was so funny.

Dang that got there fast! Isn't the Heal My Hands awesome?

8:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good for Scout that she has 'knitting celebrities' ordering her yarn ;o) You and Vicki have great taste - love those colors! :o)

12:51 PM  
Blogger kitkatknit said...

Heidi, zip me an email re: Packwood in May if you'd like to be on the list!!

6:15 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home