Thursday, November 09, 2006

Coffee, paint, water & leaves

Mmmm, I LOVE coffee. Good coffee. It's been my drug of choice for 35 years and I've no intention of giving it up... ever. And knitting is my most favorite pastime. With that in mind there was no way I would pass up a knitting/coffee swap. Matches should be made soon.

Most of yesterday was spent painting my youngest daughter's bedroom. She wanted pink and loves fairies. So the entire room was painted pink and a floating fairy castle mural now adorns one wall. The fairies themselves are Wallies. She is ecstatic with her new room. I was pleased too until my DH came home and proclaimed the castle to be extremely phallic. Phthtt to him anyway.

The rain continues to pummel the pacific northwest and my "sunroom" continues to leak. Because we have a tile roof there aren't a lot of contractors who can/will do repairs for us. So the soonest appointment will be in 3 weeks. We took the appointment and now I'm doing a sun dance in hopes that more damage doesn't ensue while we wait.

Embossed leaves are continuing nicely. I love this sock pattern and hopefully this pair will be completed this weekend. Stay drive everyone.

3 Comments:

Blogger Karen said...

Knitting and coffee - what better match could there be?? I love the job you did on your daughters room. I don't think the castle looks phallic at all. Men - they have a one track mind. Grrr. So sorry to hear the rain is continuing and the ceiling is still leaking. :( I hope the next three weeks are dry and sunny - I'll do a little dance for you too.

5:45 PM  
Blogger Quilt'n & Scrap'n TruckRLady said...

too cute! Way to go Ash, your room rocks!!!Wish I could be there to come see it for myself... I shall stay home and attend the Marine Corp. ball tonight (snow & all) with hubby :)
and yes HP, it is formal and YOU don't get to see me in a dress or MGL in a tux... :)~

6:01 AM  
Blogger Ye Merrie Quilter said...

If that's phallic, it sure has a lot of penises on it! I would have painted one tall tower flanked by two smaller round houses with thatched roofs.
Love, K

12:04 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home