Thursday, October 26, 2006

Thursday

Only one day left to enter the drawing for the yarn and other goodies. Just leave a comment on the posting from Monday.

I've spent the morning cleaning and painting in the new kitchen. Talk about gross. I pulled the stove out to paint behind it and there was about a decade's worth of food spilled down and baked onto the sides. I had removed the pan drawer and cleaned the floor under the range when we first moved in, but the entire unit hadn't been pulled out until now.

The kitchen has tons of storage and I love it for the most part. One of the only minor things I wanted to change was the color.


It was a dreary institutional green. This shows the lowered ceiling between the lights and cupboards. The fleshy colored walls will also be painted eventually.

The green is being replaced with a pale yellow. Because the skies are gray so often the brighter colors really help liven up the house.

My good friend, Karen, is almost done making this service star for her friend, Eugenia, to display while Eugenia's brother is deployed.













Karen is a wonderful quilter and this is a special gift that I'm sure Eugenia will treasure for years. I hope her brother returns safely from Iraq.

Hope you're all having a delightful Thursday.

5 Comments:

Blogger Cindy said...

I like to Service Star idea. It's something that is a keepsake as well as a reminder while he's deployed. Don't ya just love painting to sell a house and then painting when you move into the new one? Will the fun never end? Take care, kiddo.

1:42 PM  
Blogger Ye Merrie Quilter said...

Thanks for the compliments on the Service Star! It went together really quickly (about four hours) and I used the "five-pointed star with one snip" technique. It was pretty cool!
Good luck with the painting!

2:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great idea this Service Star is, and it sure looks fantastic! Oh my, you've been doing such a lot of painting lately - come to think of it, I have a couple walls in my apartment that would need a nice new coat as well... *hint hint* ;)

4:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That star is beautiful...I love those and what they stand for. :) Thanks to all the service men and women who keep us safe and continue to believe in what they do. They deserve WAY more respect than what they get....so Thanks Brian!!!

5:56 AM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

I love yellow in kitchens. That will be lovely!

6:40 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home