Saturday, September 30, 2006



The PODS were picked up today. Now that they're gone I'm finding lots more items that should have been packed... oops. A1 is spending one last night with her best friend, Brianna. We had a "going away/birthday" party for A2 today. The girls' art teacher from school showed up. She is truly an amazing lady. She actually made tye-dyed shirts for our family and she even gave each of the party guests a custom dyed shirt. In addition Mrs. Lee (the art teacher) put together an activity kit to keep us entertained while in moving limbo. This is a picture of A2 and Mrs. Lee sporting their new tie-dyes.

We will miss you Mrs. Lee!

I picked up my SKB sweater for the first time in over a week. After picking up the stitches for the second sleeve I discovered that I'm 8 stitches shy compared to the first sleeve. I have no idea how this came to be. Was the mistake made on this sleeve or on the first one? Where are the missing stiches? Can this be fixed without having to frog an entire sleeve? I don't know the answer to these questions, but chocolate will surely help. Now... where can I find chocolate?

8 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I'm fairly certain chocolate can solve any knitting problems.

11:21 PM  
Blogger Cindy said...

Sweetie: you probably packed the chocolate in the first POD:) I really am impressed that you are able to function on any level. With what you all have been through in the past few months, you are doing great. On the sweater front.....maybe you need some socks while the sweater decides to cooperate, huh?

5:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yes, chocolate, that's the answer.

What a sweet gesture from your daughter's art teacher.

1:24 PM  
Blogger Gillian said...

Aren't people wonderful! Love the tie-dyes.
My pragmatic nature would make me assume that the first sleeve was right and knit the second to match. But that may be why I have so many unwearable garments!
Cheesr Gillian

7:26 PM  
Blogger Crankipantz said...

You can get all the chocolate you want...and you could have it delivered to you if you visit this website:

http://www.hersheygifts.com/

Email me your new address (assuming you still have your email) and something from here might just show up at your door!!

;-)

PS. If any of you have allergies, you'd better put that in the email as well!

Mmmmmm....chocolate.

8:42 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

wow...pod-a-rama! Let me know what you think of your pod experience once you're all done - I'm looking ahead to the summer when we'll be moving. Oh no! on the SKB - there's definitely some sleeve gremlin roving around. Great tie-die...makes me think we should do some around here. Oooo - chocolate AND cranberries - yummy!

6:59 AM  
Blogger Ye Merrie Quilter said...

Hi Heide! Sorry, I can't give you any knitting advise, but I hope your moving was/is going well. I don't have your M&D's number, so give me a call! If you need a break, come on up and I'll take you to a chocolate place! :) Love, Karen

12:35 PM  
Blogger Sue said...

What a wonderful teacher. I am sure your girls will remember her when they wear their t-shirts. I hope that you accomplish all of your UFO's whilst at your parents too.

5:53 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home