Thursday, September 21, 2006

FALL!

Today is the first day of Fall. Welcome to pumpkins, Halloween, brightly colored leaves, cranberry harvest at my parents' and a big happy 9th birthday to Karen's daughter, E! It seems like just yesterday that Karen's husband called to tell us about her unexpected early delivery.

Because A3 is home with a stomach bug today I've had some time to assess our household. And "Fall" for me translates into "I've managed to FALL behind... on just about everything."

And since pride goeth before the "fall", I humbly present some of the "behinds".



First is the SKB. Production ceased on this sweater because I ran out of beads and Michael's is temporarily out of stock of the ones needed.



Next up, unmatched socks. Mates for many of these probably reside in the pile, but I've not taken the time to sort them.

Another often-neglected chore here is the mending. Here are some of the clothing items my daughters have left for me to repair. The last pile sat unmended until they were finally donated to charity.

The laundry room remodeling came to a screeching halt when it came time to install the new cupboards and cut and install the molding. My arms just won't seem to hold anything over my head anymore so once again, my dh must complete what I've started.




Another knitting UFO to add to the SKB and the Liv Sweater is this lone sock. I temporarily misplaced the needles to complete its mate.


I've mindlessly knitted a few cotton dishrags because while I was looking for beads to finish the SKB sweater I happened across this gigantic skein of cotton yarn that matched my Fiesta dishes. But these are just adding to my "falling" behindedness .


I don't want any of you to get the wrong idea though, and avoid me in case this lack of finishing is contagious. Over the past 24 hours I've finished an entire tub of Lloyd's Shredded BBQ'd beef, a bag of Dove's Dark Chocolate Promises and another Janet Evanovich novel. So I do manage to complete some things.



And now for something completely different... a while back I purchased a new pair of circular needles. Because my LYS was out of Addis in the size I needed I tried some of the Crystal Palace bamboo circulars. I HATE these and will never buy them again. Not only did the plastic strip between them bend and kink horribly and permanently , but there is a knot near the connecting point of the needles and the plastic strip. This knot caught on the stitches something fierce, resulting in language inappropriate for small children. This knot is visible near Bonny's paw. We both give these a big paw's down.

13 Comments:

Blogger Cindy said...

You, atleast, have a reason for falling behind. I'm not moving and I'm always behind. My mending bag includes things from the 90's. Pathetic, I know. I hope A2 had a wonderful birthday. You know I think things are getting heavier every year for me too. Also, I'm noticing I can't reach very high anymore. Besides, I think you did a terrific job. No drunken monkeys at your house. At least, not that I can see.

1:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really, really, wished you would have just let me do it to begin with. Why must we go through this every time? You know that the definition of insanity is doing the same thing & expecting a different result. That can be the only reason that I still remain in love with you - you're insane.

3:03 PM  
Blogger Gillian said...

Life would be aimless if everything was done!
Charities need clothes, you'll knit on when you get the beads, throw the nasty Crystal Palace Bamboo circulars away or if you have the inclination, send them back to them with a short note of disgust.
Last but not least you have managed without the bathroom cupboards, you'll keep on managing.
Cheers Gillian

3:15 PM  
Blogger sheep#100 said...

I love my CP dpns but my one circ - not so much.

4:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG - I love, love, LOVE the SKB! I must have one. I'm going to go purchase the pattern right now!

Don't you just love Janet Evonovich? I buy her books as soon as they hit the shelf.

4:57 PM  
Blogger Terri said...

Thank goodness you're human too. :o) Seriously, I have to tell you that your SKB is looking fabulous. Absolutely luscious. I'm anxiously awaiting my yarn for this and hoping I have the skill level to make it! Good work on the finished items. I'm thinking the chocolate would have been a serious challenge. ;o)

6:45 PM  
Blogger Heide said...

Trek, I agree with you on the DPs, I really like their version of those and they are my favorite for socks.

6:48 PM  
Blogger MrsFife said...

My list of "Fallen behind on" is also incomplete :D

I love your Bonny's paw. It looks yummy! Is the rest of her yummy too?

9:23 PM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

A knot in the circ cable? Oh yeah that's bad.

You have been so busy! I hope you are getting some rest too.

10:30 PM  
Blogger Heide said...

ATTENTION DH! yes, I may be insane, but my insanity is the direct result of raising 3 rambunctious daughters with a husband who was unable to be home due to work. But I'm glad to know that even if I'm unable to lift heavy objects over my head and finish many projects that you're completely willing to hold them over me.

7:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your SKB looks great! I'm sure you'll finish up everything else on your unfinished list ;o)

7:21 AM  
Blogger Quilt'n & Scrap'n TruckRLady said...

hey...we have Michaels...let me know the name, number, etc... on the beads and I'll look to see if they have them here. Maybe I can get them cheaper too ;)

email me the info sister...

1:58 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

No way am I listing my 'soon to be completed' objects!

11:01 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home