Saturday, September 16, 2006

Another picture-free post. I'm just posting a quick update from my husband's laptop (computer, people, minds out of the gutter) while we're down in Portland.

We found a house outside of Vancouver, WA. I'm really excited because the girls will each have their own bedroom and it has a wonderful sunroom just perfect for knitting! The house sits on just over 1/2 an acre and it's flat and fenced so the girls will have a place to play and there will be room for a small garden. Another bonus is that it's all one story so navigating stairs won't be an issue.

When we return to Spanaway tomorrow it'll be back to finishing up the remodeling of the laundry room. Our four chickens will need a new home. They are very tame and hopefully there will be somebody out there interested in friendly fowl... as pets, not fried or stewed. Abandoment guilt abounds!

Cheers!

12 Comments:

Blogger Ye Merrie Quilter said...

I'm so glad that you found a new place!! Are chickens not allowed in that part of the city? Too bad. If you desperately need a home for the chickens, I might be able to move them up to Chicken Linda's to join her flock.
Love, Karen

10:44 PM  
Blogger Gillian said...

Great news! The house and grounds sound an exciting prospect, so much potential and no stairs. Good luck with it all.
Cheers Gillian

11:02 PM  
Blogger MrsFife said...

Yay for you! Couldn't you take the chickens with you to your new place?

But the new house sounds like fun.

11:10 PM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

:( Too bad I'm all the way across the US or I'd take the chickens.

Good luck with your new house - sounds great!

11:13 PM  
Blogger aija said...

Congrats on your new home! I'm sure your chickens will find great new homes :)

11:51 PM  
Blogger Cindy said...

Yippee!!!!! You have a new home and it's a ranch. That is wonderful. I'm envious about the sunroom. What a nice bonus. Can't wait for the pictures. BTW,the SeaSocks Cruise is looking completely bleak from here. Maybe out of work by then.

5:15 AM  
Blogger Heidi said...

HEY - I will take them - just ship them off and they will have a new home and it wont be a stew pot!!!!! Tons of room here and lots of bugs that they will love to eat. :) I am serious, see how much $$$, let me know!

6:18 AM  
Blogger Crankipantz said...

Hey, that's great news! Congrats on finding a nice place. The only flaw is, it's not near ME (that would be "me" in capital letters and not Maine).

No seriously, that's great and I agree that sunroom sounds sweet. Makes me want to put an addition on my house now. Oh...I want my own room!

Happy that it all came together for you!

7:40 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Wow! Sounds wonderful! How goes the pod experience? Simple Knitted Bodice looks much better on you than in the frou frou model pic. Can't wait to see it finished. How long was the house on the market - seems like it sold nice and fast. That has to be my second greatest fear (after "will I get a job?") - the house won't sell.

8:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

*happy dance*

4:59 PM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

Yay for you guys!

5:47 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Fantastic news! The knitting, sorry, SUN room sounds great.

11:23 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home