Saturday, September 23, 2006

Welcome Late Harvest & Farewell Dear Friends


Today's mail yielded a wonderful bounty. This beautiful skein of fibery goodness is none other than Mama-E's first offering in her C*EYE*BER Fiber Sock Fall club. It is appropriately named, Late Harvest and I'm in love with this. Thank you Mama-E. You really out did yourself this time around!


This happy delivery helps soften the blow of saying goodbye to our beloved chickens. Today my ladies will go live with a nearby retired couple who have many free-roaming animals on their farm. The chickens will have a long and good life there. I'd like to think that they will miss us, especially Peeper. From left to right they are; Peeper, Spotty, Ariel and Raven.

Peeper came to live with us when she was only 2 days old. She was blind and her fate had been death until we begged the sellers to let us have her. Her eyes were crusted shut and we had to wash them several times a day to help them open. Her right eye still weeps sometimes. Raven came to live with us several weeks later to keep Peeper company. Spotty and Ariel had belonged to our neighbor and he gave up raising chickens and two came to live with us.

7 Comments:

Blogger Cindy said...

The sock yarn is beautiful. I'm so sorry you had to part with your beloved chickens. I would feel the same way. At least they'll be in a good place. Big hugs.

3:01 PM  
Blogger Quilt'n & Scrap'n TruckRLady said...

Big hugs for all the ladies in the chicken house! and you too of course. They will be loved & missed. I'm sure your welcome to visit whenever you like.
PS, I love the color of the yard.
Beautiful!!
I added to my blog...for a change...lol

6:19 AM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

I'm sure your chickens will miss you! They will be living in a good home I'm sure.

Mama-E sure know how to dye some fabulousness!

6:31 AM  
Blogger Karen said...

Oooh, such pretty yarn!! I'm a little misty thinking about you having to say good-bye to your chickens. :( But I am so happy you were able to find them a very good home.

8:02 AM  
Blogger Terri said...

We had to find homes for our two pet chooks (chickens) before we moved here so I know exactly how you feel. :o( Sounds like you've found a lovely home for them though. Good for you. Love the sock yarn btw. Yum.

5:59 PM  
Blogger Gillian said...

Those darling chooks will be happy in their new home once they have sorted out the company they'll have to co-exist with
Gorgeous colours in that wool!
Cheers Gillian

7:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful yarn!

So glad to hear your chickens are going to a good home :o)

7:42 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home