Monday, October 09, 2006

Hey there!

Well, the girls, cats, B & I are now residing at the Staybridge Inn by the Portland airport. There was a lot of paperwork to do down this way, etc. to prepare for the house signing so we re-located from my parents' house on Saturday. I've finished two of my four knitting UFOs so far. Yeah! Today we're going appliance shopping for a refrigerator, washer & dryer and microwave for the new house. Tomorrow we'll try contacting the girls' new school district office to register them for classes. I love the area down here. There is lots to do and see. Lots of yarn stores to explore too.

8 Comments:

Blogger Cindy said...

I'm glad you're closer to the new house. When do you close? I bet you're getting excited. Can't wait to see the pix of the area. You have 4 (four) 4,4,4,4????? F.O.'s? Sheesh. You make us all look bad.

9:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How exciting, congrats again :)

10:08 AM  
Blogger Karen said...

Good for you, it must be wonderful to feel like you are taking another step closer. Hang in there, you'll be setting up your new home in no time!

11:32 AM  
Blogger Gillian said...

You sound so excited and optimistic. I felt like that when we moved out of the city to this place a couple of years ago and I've never looked back. The exploring of new places is the best. There's so much promise around every corner. Good luck with the next steps.
Cheers Gillian

3:01 PM  
Blogger Wendy Stackhouse said...

Sounds like you're staying very positive, yay! Congratulations on making it to the new area. Have fun appliance shopping!

6:06 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Fantastic news! Glad it is all going well for you!

9:58 PM  
Blogger Ye Merrie Quilter said...

After you sign your life away, stop by Mike's wine shop and tie a few on! SE 48th and Division (and it's next to a quilt store!!) Let me know when you're settled and we'll drive down to visit. Love ya!

1:24 PM  
Blogger Terri said...

Lots of yarn shops? I'm jealous. :o) Sounds like you are having an adventure. All the fun stuff is ahead of you now. Looking forward to hearing all about it.

2:38 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home