Saturday, December 09, 2006

Crash

Yup, that's my new nickname. For the past week my balance has been completely whacked. I stagger around like a Skid Road bum. No longer do I walk down a hallway, I just bounce off one wall and then the other like a pinball. Last night's intended victim, the Charlie Brown Christmas tree. Luckily that thing is huge and it fought back. When I lost my balance and fell against the tree its sproingy (is this a real word?) branches bent and then flung me away from it. Because Bonny had previously stripped the bottom portion of the tree of all ornaments there were no casualties. The only injury to report was to my dignity.

My DH returned home from a week in Las Vegas where he attended an IT conference. Because it's his guard unit's drill weekend though he'll be away most of the weekend, so we still won't see him. There is a Christmas party scheduled for tonight but the lack of a babysitter will probably keep me from attending. This might be a good thing. It would be really embarrassing to knock over the grog bowl before partaking of the spirits therein.


I made another hat yesterday, but it's rather sloppy looking, even for my tastes. Time to give up free form and get serious again. I'm thinking socks.

The final yarn installment arrived from Mama-E's Fall Sock Club. It's lovely shades of grays and greens. Green is my favorite color.

While in Vegas B bought me jewelry. And who said that geeks aren't romantic. These are genuine gold-plated latinum Star Trek earrings from Star Trek The Experience. Thank you honey.

9 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Sorry to hear about your unprovoked attack on the Christmas tree but glad you are not hurt.

I think the hat looks lovely :)

6:49 PM  
Blogger Cindy said...

I have written three different responses to this post. How do I convey my concern for you and my intense admiration for you? Damned if I know. It must be so frustrating for you. BTW, I like the hat, so there. I sure hope you're better today. Take care of yourself. The tree can sure take care of itself.

5:59 AM  
Blogger Karen said...

Crashing around or not - I think you are showing an incredible amount of grace in taking it all with a big dose of humor. :) You've got the right attitude, honey!! I love that hat . . . .sloppy?? Where??? It looks great to me!!

8:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good thing the tree can defend itself ;o)

5:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

sorry I forgot to mention - the hat looks great!

5:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I used the word sproingy in my blog on December 7. So since it has been on both of our blogs, it is in common useage. Therefore - yes a real word.

9:46 AM  
Blogger Terri said...

Ouch. Glad only your dignity was hurt. You sound so much like me. I'm so ditzy on my feet these days - since I fell off a one inch path (yes that's right) and broke my foot. My balance has not been the same since. Some would say it wasn't right before either. Hehe. ;o)

3:55 PM  
Blogger Ye Merrie Quilter said...

Gee, sounds almost as romantic as getting a Microtek ScanMaker i300 for Christmas! Lucky us! Gotta love the geeks. At least they can fix the computers for us (although they tend to roll their eyes and can't believe that we can't do it ourselves). I'd love to see a pic of your earrings! Maybe I should see if I can find a padded "muscle" shirt for you for Xmas? Then you can be safe and look like Arnold Schwartznegger! Love, K

9:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Heide, I wish I could have flown via Washington instead of Tokyo. It would have been lovely to meet you.I'm with my sister in Dorset till after xmas.I hope that your balance improves before you have to tackle xmas day. Cheers Gillian

8:04 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home