Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Tell a Fib...

Okay, this is another contest I've entered. For this one you must write a Fibonacci Poem with knitting content. As most people are aware, the Fibonacci sequence goes as follows 0, 1,1,2,3,5,8,13, etc. Each number is the sum of its two predecessors. The Knitting Curmudgeon is holding this contest in celebration of her birthday today. Happy Birthday Knitting Curmudgeon!

Here's what I submitted:


0 ~
1 Cat
1 Chewing
2 And frogging
3 I frantically knit
5 The socks must be finished
8 Mom asked for special hand knit birthday socks
13 Kitty pulls stitches off double points again, rabbit kicks and bites the sock
21 Sock and sanity now unravel, profanity errupts loudly, kitty scrambles for safety from crazed human, indignant kitty sits
behind closed door
34 Knitting resumes with soggy yarn and silence, heel is turned, gusset picked up, foot finished, toe shaped, grafting done,
ends woven, sock completed, door opens, "here kitty kitty" why won't kitty play with yarn?

4 Comments:

Blogger Heidi said...

Hi Heidi!!! sorry I have been away for so long, i have been checking in here just not leaveing a note so here is you note... :) I posted so come over and visit!!!! Hope you had a good Easter and LOVE the socks btw!!!

8:35 AM  
Blogger Melissa said...

Very interesting! :) The socks below look great! I just finished my first men's sock for my brother and I'm dreading the second. They take so darn long!

9:04 AM  
Blogger Gillian said...

More talent! You never cease to amaze me.
Cheers Gillian

3:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck. I'm pulling for you.

1:34 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home