Monday, April 24, 2006

Busy and needing help!


I've been very busy these past couple of days. On Saturday I drove down to Rochester and met up with my sister, Jackie, for some serious garage saling. She is truly the bargain queen and heaven help anybody who gets between all 100 pounds of her and her query. We had fun and managed to score some good loot (most of my haul is currently listed on ebay to offset some recent yarn purchases). This is one of the* whiskey boxes I bought that is currently listed.



This weekend the first of my father's giant socks was finally completed. Women's and children's socks knit up so much faster than men's socks. Anyway, here is sock number one of "Pebbly Lake Beach".





If there is anybody who has every knitted using one of Elsebeth Lavold's charts who would be willing to offer suggestions then I'd be very grateful! I finished the back of the Liv sweater. There isn't much to show with this as it is extremely plain. Anyway, as I endeavor to begin the sweater's front my confusion at how to interpret her instructions becomes a big issue. If at least a couple of rows of long hand were included in the book then perhaps I'd figure this out. But alas, my feeble brain hurts with the effort.

Cheerio all!


*yes, technically Drambuie is a cordial, but it has a scotch whiskey base.

5 Comments:

Blogger Stephanie said...

Hmm - looks like you got to the point where Liv and I parted ways & she was sent to the naghty pile! It did help that I had Lavold's Viking Knits book which has a pretty good explaination of her techniques and symbols etc. So I would say get that. I knit a pretty complicated hat out of there that went fine so I'm not sure what the problem is with Liv...

8:48 PM  
Blogger Wendy Stackhouse said...

I agree with the previous comment. I'm knitting the Cul de Sac vest and have to carry around the pattern AND "Viking Knits" because the instructions for the increases/decreases are so lousy in my magazine. But the book make it very clear. Good luck!

11:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The giant sock looks great - sorry I can't help ya with the chart thing.

5:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My apologies on the E Lavold charts. No experience. Nada. Your Dad's sock looks lovely (a tad large on the model's foot, but lovely). I really love how they are knitting up. BTW, I would most certainly buy a whiskey/Drambuie box, but I think I'd want it full first.

1:37 PM  
Blogger Terri said...

Congrats on getting the 'pebbley beach' sock finished! I know exactly what you mean about knitting men's socks. I'm still working on the second sock in my 'pebbley beach' pair and the foot just seems to go on forever! :o)

4:52 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home