Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Our chickens have been quite prolific lately. As a result we have eggs coming out of our ears. This would be a good thing except that my family doesn't care for eggs. That means lots of baking is in order. Perhaps knitting time can be squeezed in during baking... I hope. Yesterday many errands were completed, the laundry was done and the house cleaned, but I didn't knit and now I feel "behind". Sherrill and Ferg have both been cooking copious amounts of delicious foods from scratch and from them I'll take my inspiration.

So far everybody who has entered has easily translated the Hogwart's motto, which is also Albus Dumbledore's favorite quote. And if you're interested in bezoar history go out to wikipedia. Yes, they are for real and yes, they really were believed to be an antidote against magic.

Our old kitty, Tasha, isn't doing well :(. I've taken her to the vet and the diagnosis is that she's old and has a bad heart and respiratory problems. We've tried antibiotics for the respiratory problems but they didn't work. Tasha has been with us for about a year now. She came from a local animal shelter and she is the most loving being I've ever met. Tasha has been getting lots of kitty-lovin' time lately and today will be no exception. Even Bonny (our young, rambunctious kitty) has been gentle with Tasha.

Keep the emails coming for the contest, only two days left to try to win some Socks the Rock yarn from Blue Moon Fiber Arts!

3 Comments:

Blogger sheep#100 said...

My Number Guy has mentioned laying chickens recently. If we lived in a more rural area, I know we'd have chickens!

Sorry about Tasha. Poor little kitty.

Hope I am the lucky winner - I LOVE STR!!

7:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry about Tasha. It's so hard letting them go. My heart is bleeding for you. I wish so much that I could have chickens, but we can't because of codes. Rotten luck, huh?

11:47 AM  
Blogger Gillian said...

Thanks, Heide. I now have a picture on my profile.Another small step forward in the world of blogging.
I hope Tasha enjoys some peaceful and attention filled time with you.I've had two who lasted until old age for cats at around 15/16 years and they loved to just be with me in the end.
Take care Gillian

3:56 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home