Tuesday, April 11, 2006

100th Post & I'm a Winner 2 times!

I win! Last month I entered a contest at Peacock's site. For her contest she had taken a picture of a cactus with black buckets on each of it's many arms/heads. Whomever guessed the correct reason for the buckets won a prize and the individual with the most creative answer also won a prize. Two of us answered and two of us won. Even with those odds I'm still thrilled to be able to say that I won. And get this, I'll get yarn! Knitters can never have too much yarn. I'm excited.

But wait, there's more! Several days ago I entered a contest over at Jessalu Knits to guess how many pairs of socks she could make with her sock yarn stash. I guessed 35 and the actual number was 43. However, all participants were put into a drawing and I won the random drawing. Two people were one pair off on their guesses and a drawing was held between those two. Scout won the drawing and from what I understand, Scout does quite well in contests. Anyway, I can't imagine having enough yarn to knit 43 whole pairs of socks, that is so cool and now I'll get a new skein of sock yarn!

I'll need to think up some kind of really cool contest and prize too. Contests are fun. Thank you Peacock and Jessalu!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're very welcome!

11:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! I enter, yet do not win. I'm so happy for you.

12:40 PM  
Blogger Crankipantz said...

Ohhhh...what a great idea. A contest. I am officially going to steal this idea from you and hold a contest. I have no idea what it will be about...

8:16 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home