Monday, March 27, 2006


I stand corrected. The Dutch style of heel turning ended up fitting quite comfortably. I think the ribbed heel flap is the main reason. I don't think the ribbing always accompanies this heel style though. I still need to do some socks with a short-row heel. Hopefully the second sock will be finished by tomorrow evening. It was difficult trying to take a picture of the heel while wearing the sock.










The clouds went away and the sun does still exist! The girls and I were able to spend about an hour outside pulling weeds. The hyacinths are planted (and in need of watering). There is so much yard work to be done... yikes. For the record, I want to know who decided that dandelions were weeds instead of desirable flora? Probably somebody who had hired gardeners.





Brian primed the walls in Ashley's bedroom today and he'll paint it tomorrow. Currently the shelves and furniture are all stacked in the center of the room. Not the best for painting, but it's coming along.

Still no news on the job searching, but he's sent out lots of resumes and filled out many applications. I'm worried that he'll become discouraged. The whole situation pisses me off still, but I don't blame him in the slightest.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That sock looks GREAT!! :o))

7:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The whole situation sucks. It's hard not to get discouraged, but that's why you are a team. Just hang in there. Your sock looks great! Really, it's so pretty. BTW, dandelions are only a problem (at least for me) if you are trying to sell your house. Take care.

6:57 AM  
Blogger Gillian said...

Wonderful work around the house will boost it's value. It's not the same as paid employment but there's a small and worthwhile place for it in the scheme of things.
I love hyacinths. You always catch their perfume at times when you have forgotten they are there.
Cheers for now Gillian

1:09 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home