Thursday, March 16, 2006


Is it Friday yet? What a long week. Brian started painting the bedroom today and other than the white crown molding, window frames, etc. it should be done by tonight! And now that he sees some color on the walls Brian actually likes it better than the white. Hooray for progress and open minds! This photograph makes the room look more green than it is in person.

It will take about another 1/2 hour of knitting to finish the second sleeve of the dreaded cardigan, and about two days to weave in all of the ends at the beginnings and ends of the new rows. I'm still nervous about cutting steeks into the sweater's body tube. If the body falls apart then I'll just add some ribbing to the tops of the sleeves and call them leg warmers and the heck with the rest of it.







We're having black-eyed peas, collard greens w/ham and cornbread (I've never learned to make good hush puppies) for dinner tonight. Not standard fare for Western Washington, but Brian's family is from the south and he grew up eating this kind of food. It doesn't look all that great but it does taste yummy.







I dyed some yarn for part of the final package for my SP7 Spoilee. In honor of Easter and spring this was done in egg dye colors. Hooray for PAAS. My hands will be purple for days. This is sock weight... I just hope the colors don't bleed onto somebody's feet when worn! That could be quite a shocker.

If recollection serves correctly, this will be the 19th skein of yarn I've sent her and all but two of them have been some form of pink or purple. She'll probably be so sick of Barbie colors that she'll run screaming in frustration. Ha! Mutual insanity... it's a good thing.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It looks nice! I love that light fixture :o)

8:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love color on walls. It's pretty. Also, I love your dye. What do you use as mordant? Vinegar? It's so pretty. BTW, do you make grits? I had them in NOLA and I'm not a big fan. Have a great weekend.

6:40 AM  
Blogger Gillian said...

Oh my! That's obviously real food then. It always sounded to me like a sort of American caricature of food. I really don't mean anything bad but it has amazed me.
O.K. we had steak, potatoes, broccoli and cheese sauce last night and will have left-over spagbol on toast right now for lunch so you can WOW at our menu.
The decorating is great. I know what it's like to paint and the dyeing is to die for, cheers Gillian

6:03 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home