Monday, March 06, 2006

I Sat on my Camera...





Yesterday our neighbor, Penny, generously offered to let my girls have a ride on one of her horses. Being the ever-dutiful (ha ha) mother I came along to take pictures and partake in their excitement. The rides went wonderfully and the girls all listened attentively to Penny's riding instructions. Midway through Amber's riding I began talking with the llamas (not named Lorenzo or Dolly) who were also observing the sessions. Anyway, in a moment of distraction I sat on my camera... hard while it was turned on and the lens was extended. Now the camera is dead and all I get is "lens error" on my monitor.












And today I really, really wish it worked because Cindy (my SP7 spoiler) sent me the most fabulous package! I've tried scanning some of the goodies, but the resulting pictures only hint at the beauty of the yarn, etc. Within the box there was a new issue of Interweave magazine, TWO skeins of Knitpicks' shimmer in Maple Leaf, handmade glass bead stitch markers (which perfectly match the yarn), a Mary Englebreit box and magnet and a "Do Not Disturb the Queen" door pillow! I have already conducted a quick skim of the magazine and I plan on making the Trellis shawl by Evelyn Clark out of my lovely new yarn. Cindy, thank you very much, you really are awesome and I appreciate everything that you have done! In my opinion Cindy is the lead contender in the best SP7 contest.

Time to go pick up Amber and Autumn from school and then back for more drywall finishing!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Heide: I'm so glad you like the surprise. I've started on your next box and am enjoying this one even more. The girls look so tiny and adorable on the horses. Is your Mom doing better, I hope? Maybe the camera just needs some easy tweaking (hopefully).

1:34 PM  
Blogger Quilt'n & Scrap'n TruckRLady said...

hey Heide...about the camera. Take it to "The Camera Shop" (http://www.camerashoptacoma.com/default.asp)
on Meridian/South Hill. It's right next to Wendy's or Taco Bell, but is between the S. Hill Mall, and the old Safeway. on the same side as the old Safeway.
They should be able to look at it and tell you if it can be fixed or not.

7:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So sorry to hear about your camera, I sure hope you'll be able to have it fixed soon!
I do love the photos of the girls riding, it seems they had such a lot of fun - and the llama is absolutely cute!
Have fun knitting the Trellis shawl, and best wishes from Austria!

12:18 AM  
Blogger Sherrill said...

You must blog so at least we can "sense" what you are working on...though, lucky for me, I get a peek every once in awhile at school. The Fair Isle will be gorgeous. That had best be for you, Ms. Heide.

9:40 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home