Friday, March 03, 2006

Yesterday my Mom was admitted to the hospital... finally. She's currently undergoing some tests that should have been done several weeks ago. I don't know what's wrong but she's already had a complete hysterectomy and her gall bladder removed. She doesn't remember if her appendix was removed during the gall bladder surgery. There aren' t a lot of parts left that could be causing the severe side pains though, so hopefully the tests won't take long and the "fix" will be quick and easy.

Ashley is over the trauma of Ash Wednesday. She had a complete meltdown and refused to go to school on Wednesday because she was afraid of going to chapel and having the cross marked on her forehead, didn't want to give something up for Lent, etc. She was reluctant to go to school yesterday too, but today she seems to be okay. I guess I grew up spiritually bereft and ignorant of religion in general. Nothing against J.C. and his dad, but some of the church people really bother me with their judgemental hypocracy. As a result, we tend to avoid churches with the exception of weddings, funerals and some holidays. I can't even begin to explain some of the rituals, etc. to my girls either because I don't have the necessary background. On a sacriligious note, doesn't that cross on the forehead make people look like Charles Manson followers? Ha ha. Anyway, since we can't afford any private schools beyond preschool the religious questions shouldn't be an issue in another year. Autumn used to grill the Pastor relentlessly. She's ask questions like, "If God is everywhere then is he in a rock? What about a dog? What about a chair?" etc., etc. I admit that her questions made me chuckle. WTG Autumn! It's great when a 5 year old can stump the" experts". Well, on that note, I need to pack Ashley's lunch for the aforementioned preschool.

1 Comments:

Blogger Karen said...

I'm so glad you Mom is where she needs to be, and that she is finally getting the testing she needs. I'll keep her in my thoughts, and hope it's the most minor thing possible.

8:43 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home