Friday, March 03, 2006

Another week down

My Mom finally had a CT scan today. And at about 7:30 tonight the doctor came in and told her he couldn't find anything wrong so she'll be discharged in the morning. I guess the next course of action is to find yet another doctor on Monday and have some more tests done. In the main time she can't stand up, walk unassisted or eat. I'm so mad and frustrated that I don't even know what to say.

Man, it seems that all I do is complain anymore. Sorry about the Eeyore attitude.


On a happy note though when I went to read to the students at the elementary school I was surprised by Sherrill . She gave me four wonderful skeins of sock yarn! Two have been wound into balls already. They are the colors of military woodland BDU's (Battle Dress Uniforms). The other two skeins are a beautiful four-ply tweed with blue, teal and gray. I'm not quite sure what pattern to use with the latter, but the former yarn is perfect for a pair of socks for Brian. I know that black is all that is authorized for wear while he's in uniform, but maybe he can sleep in them when he's deployed. Thank you Sherrill!







Yesterday's "You Knit What?" listing makes me want to knit for animals. Obviously YKW? borrowed this picture from another blogsite called http://www.Stuffonmycat.com And yes, it's obviously crocheted, not knitted, but I'm still glad that they listed it. This cat is either very stoned, very patient or very dead. No cat that I know would suffer such indignities! Since my kitties never go outside and have cold ears maybe I'll design some chicken suits. This past winter two of my hens, Peeper and Spotty, were molting like crazy and they looked very pitiful and cold...
Crap, like I don't have enough to do. Insanity has finally taken over that infinitesimal bit of normality left in my feeble brain. Hell, rounding that bend is actually somewhat liberating. Any suggestions for chicken suit patterns will be filed away for future consideration.

And once again, my fabulous, wonderful and generous Secret Pal, Cindy made me laugh with another animated card today. What a welcome pick me up. This one had a dog with cake and it pointed out the obvious that "stressed" spelled backwards is "desserts". How True! I have no idea on Earth how to post a picture of the animated cards. With Brian away I must rely on my limited technical skills. Thank you Cindy!

I'm going to take a bath and try to stay up and watch Battlestar Galactica. It doesn't come on until 10:00, but when Brian is home we usually watch it together.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're hardly being an Eeyore! Stressed is the right word. Hang in there. Obviously there is something wrong with your mother, regardless of what the tests say, so be a pain and don't let them stop looking.

Be good to yourself during the worst of times. Things will get better.

Hang in there.

3:05 AM  
Blogger Gillian said...

I'm so dismayed to hear how inconsiderate the health system is being, regarding your Mum. It must be very worrying. I hope you find a more caring doctor who doesn't give up.
Like you I have been cheered up immensely by www.stuffonmycat.com
My moggie wont even be picked up so she's no fun to play with!
Gillian

12:30 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

You gripe all you want - gripe gripe gripe until the doctors wake up, stop putzing around, and figure out what is wrong with your poor mother. And vent to us all you want - that's what we're here for (besides all the fun knitting stuff). I hope they get it figured out soon. We went through something similar with my dad - the never did find out what wrong but he did get better. I'll be thinking of you and your mom.

1:23 PM  
Blogger Crankipantz said...

Unfortunately, this has been my experience with the Health Care system for the past year and a half. Either they don't know what they're doing or they just don't care. I'd like to think it's the first...well...maybe. In any case, I hope your mom feels better soon and someone can give her some piece of mind. And I agree with Karen...this is your space on the web to do whatever you want and if it makes you feel better to write about it...go for it! I know I've vented enough on mine!

So...you stayed up late enough for Battlestar Galactica...I'm still behind the current run by 6 episodes so don't tell me! Marathon coming up on Sci-Fi Monday and I've got my TiVo set!

7:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love you Heide. Will you marry me?

9:17 PM  
Blogger Heide said...

Alas, I'm already married (twice in fact to the same man). What kind of fool would I be to repeat this folly?

6:30 AM  
Blogger Quilt'n & Scrap'n TruckRLady said...

Hope you and your mom figure it out soon!!! Keep us all posted. No one like to be sick or to NOT know whats wrong...
tc, Christy :)

8:37 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home