Friday, March 10, 2006

My knitting spot.


This is where I like to sit and knit; however, where I actually knit the most is in my van while I'm waiting to pick up my daughters from their schools.

The baskets are crammed full of my yarn stash, needles and patterns. And Bonny (seen under the chair) can help by unwinding the balls of yarn for me.




Hopefully the cardigan will be done in the next week so that something new can finally be started. My "Want to Knit It" list is quite long and choosing the next project will be diffecult. Here's a close up of the Philosopher's Wool KAL sweater that I'm working on. After this anything NOT green will be a welcome change! Grumperina has a sweater called Picovoli which is featured on MAG knits that I'd like to try. Then again, there is the Trellis shawl from Interweave Knits, a pile of sock patterns and the ballet cardigan, also from Interweave Knits, and all of these projects are beckoning. I'm trying really hard to just have one project on the needles at a time. . . this is really hard.

Speaking of multiple WIP's, I went through my quilts that are started and not finished. Yikes! The oldest unfinished one there is a picture quilt featuring Frank Sinatra. This was started as a birthday present for a friend of mine 8 years ago. Her birthday is March 15th and I think the quilt will have to wait yet another year. I don't even know if she still likes Frank Sinatra and her bedroom colors are sure to have changed since this was started. The guilt, the shame. My husband (when he's home) just shakes his head when I start something new. He'll often remind me of the totes in the garage full of projects needing finishing. The quilts are not portable though so they will remain as they are.

Well, it's 3:22 am and since insomnia is obviouly NOT going to allow sleep I'm off to shower and fold clothes. I hope everyone has a great weekend.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your sweater is absolutely beautiful. I'm impressed because A. it's gorgeous and B. I am totally intimidated by colorwork. Love the rocking chair and insomnia sucks royally, huh.

6:45 AM  
Blogger Quilt'n & Scrap'n TruckRLady said...

lol...you crack me up girl. It's nice to see neither you nor your hubby have changed since I moved. You just tell your DH that all "your projects" help you keep your sanity while home alone with the kids.
If he wants all those "tote projects" finished...just tell him
"get to it dear". :)
Being away from home, working or not, doesn't take away from his portion of the honey do list. He still needs to pull some of the weight that isn't financial :)
Luv ya & miss ya GF!

7:06 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home