Wednesday, March 15, 2006


After several days of mundane but necessary errand running, dentist appointments and housework, coming back to the blog site is a welcome break. Brian has just about finished the drywall "finishing" in our bedroom. It's so much easier with the furniture out and a second person to watch the girls. The molding still needs to be put up and the walls need painting. Here is where B and I disagree. I chose a light putty color for the walls and bright white crown molding and trim. He choose white and white. Aargh! We've had white walls almost every place we've lived because he doesn't like color. It drives me crazy. Oh well, pick and choose your battles.

Still no news on the job search, but Brian applied for three just today. Most of the jobs are located on the east coast and in the southern states. We may end up moving lots farther away than the planned move down to Oregon.

The progress on the remaining Fair Isle cardigan sleeve has been slow... Just a few minutes here and there while waiting for the girls' schools to let out. I'm working on some final SP7 packages. This has been lots of fun and I've enjoyed "talking" with Cindy immensely. I'll continue to haunt her blog long after this is over. I'm going to do an official reveal for my Spoilee. Although, I pretty much let the proverbial cat out of the bag midway. To her credit though, she either never looked or feigned ignorance out of pity for my stupidity.

There is a pile of stuff on my back porch and in the garage waiting for either eBay or the garbage dump. For example, we have lots collector's plates featuring The Three Stooges, Star Trek Ships and some other strange pop-culture icons. I didn't buy any of these. And I certainly don't want to pack this crap and move it with us. My late mother-in-law loved shopping & QVC and UPS had a regular stop at her house. But then again, I buy lots of yarn and have my Fiesta. To each his own.

4 Comments:

Blogger Crankipantz said...

Keep in mind that you have at least one friend that I know of on the east coast...if you end up moving to Boston, let me know!! It's not a bad place to live.

I'll have you know I'm getting rid of my Verizon phone service. Time for me to join the 21st century...AT&T voice over IP is only $29.99 a month. Verizon is much more expensive and as you know...they outsource everything.

Ahh...EBay...I'm trying to sell furniture there as we speak.

7:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maryland is not such a bad place....

5:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's good to see you're blogging again. Glad to have you back. I knew you were ok, but still love to read the blog. You will not escape me after SP7. You are permanently on my blogosphere. I consider you a friend. I want pics of the sweater, modeled and all. It's quite lovely in pieces, too.

6:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here's another friend on the East Coast - only I'm in the frozen North ;o)

I hope your husband finds new work soon!

2:12 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home