Saturday, March 11, 2006

Granny Smith froggy pancake


Am I awake yet? The girls woke up at their regular time (5:30 am) and since it's Saturday that meant pancakes for breakfast.

I confess to having little or no will power. My resistance to the Piece of Vermont in the Granny Smith colorway shattered and I cast on a pair of Jaywalkers socks last night. Not having been blessed with dainty little feet I choose the larger sized pattern. The ribbing flowed smoothly and then came the first pattern row. The concept of the pattern is quite simple and easily memorized. However, the mechanics of the simple double decrease are impossible for my clumsy fingers. Here I fudged and replaced the dd with a lame k3 tog. The substitution seemed to work (although there was a large lump of yarn where the decreases were). I happily knitted away through the season finale of Battlestar Galactica.

Back to this morning. While cooking the aforementioned pancakes I darted in and grabbed the Jaywalkers to work on between flips. What in the world? These things were huge! So, it's froggy time for the socks. I will start these again in the smaller size, but not until after the neglected and now loathed cardigan is completed.

And yes, those are coffee stains on my counter. A good house scrubbing is in order today!

5 Comments:

Blogger Sherrill said...

DH makes breakfast for family on Sundays. I make muffins and breads during week for quick, get-your-butts to school days, so for me, Saturdays include a cup of 'jo or two and a point of the finger (or the lavish museum hands) towards the box of Honey Nut Cherrios. Aren't I the best? LOL. Love the green...granny apple. Wait, I thought green was losing it's luster with you? But...keep on knitting. Check out my note to you on my blog.

8:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey I love the socks. I have heard that there are size issues with the Jaywalker. I will be trying them myself. I admire your strength. Waiting until you finish your sweater is an excellent idea. I wish I were as strong as you. What time do you want me there for pancakes next Saturday? BTW, your comments on my last blog had me laughing out loud this morning. I can't wait for my debut. Maybe I need more rehearsal time.

2:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

When my daughter was younger we did pancakes on Sunday morning. At the time she was still living at her Dad's so I had her on the weekends. Now she lives with me and is with him on the weekends so Pancake Sunday kind of got lost...however, she does bring it up from time to time :o)

Good luck with the Jaywalkers - I did two pair and they are both not my favorites. The fit is just...weird. I love the yarn color - Jessie does a great job with the dying, doesn't she?

9:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad that you like my yarn; I always get a kick out of coming across it on someone else's blog, being made into an actual knitted item.

I frogged my jaywalkers when I started knitting right handed instead of left. So I'm consoling myself that they wouldn't have fit anyway, although they seemed like they were going to be pretty good.

9:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

how is the insomnia! love the fiesta!

5:23 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home