Friday, March 17, 2006

Surprises in the mail!


While I was cooking lunch the doorbell rang and it was our mail carrier. And guess what?... she had a package along with the pile of envelopes. I restrained myself and opened the envelopes first and found an adorable St. Patrick's Day card from my dear friend, Karen. Thank you Karen. You're one of the few people I know who is actually of Irish descent (Zoe is the other).




The package was from my SP7, Cindy. OMG! I'm so excited it's hard to type. She sent me an Ashford drop spindle, a book on spinning, some soft, wonderful roving, a Burt Bee's skin care kit and an adorable magnetic notepad! The spinning stuff is the bomb and as soon as I get back from picking up Autumn from school I'm going to try it out. Thank you! Thank you! Thank you, Cindy! She also sent an ecard wishing me a happy St. Patrick's Day.

Cindy, you are so going to win the SP7 contest!

2 Comments:

Blogger Gillian said...

Hi there Heide, spagbol is Spaghetti Bolognaise. We make it in a big pot and because there are only the two of us, we stir the left over spaghetti into the sauce and chop it up and chill or freeze it for snacks and lunches.
It's a basic *chopped onion fried, added minced or ground beef, a tin of skinned, chopped tomatoes and whatever seasoning you want.
Please tell me.."what are Collard Greens?" I'm O.K.with cornbread and even Black-eyed peas....I think! This is so good. If it's tasty enough for your husband, maybe mine would like it too!
cheers Gillian

11:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad you got the card in time. The mail is certainly getting faster these days...maybe it's because no one is using it much anymore. Email is so much faster and occasionally, more reliable!

I have that same spinning book (somewhere) and it's short and easy to understand. Keep an eye out for treadle wheels when you're shopping ebay--that might be easier to manipulate than a drop spindle, although the drop spindle does create a stronger yarn.

Love, Karen

9:25 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home