Monday, March 20, 2006




Brian put up the crown molding today. Now we just need the window framing completed then it's on to Ashley's bedroom next. It's smaller and should go much faster.
The walls really are a tan color, but for some reason, the camera makes them look green.
I won't post anymore boring pictures of this room.








Assembly and finishing have always been my weakest parts of knitting. And although knitting the Fair Isle was very relaxing trying to put this one together is proving disasterous. Following another knitter's suggestions regarding a crocheted vs. a machine sewn steek were not beneficial. I detest sewing machines and hoped that this technique would work. However, it started unraveling during picking up stitches for ribbing. Yikes! At this point I dragged out the sewing machine a attempted some reinforcing. Hopefully it can be salvaged and be ready for the mail no later than Wednesday morning.




And finally, trying to settle on the next project has been narrowed down to the following options:
a. A Trellis lace shawl from a pattern featured in Interweave Knits, done in Knitpick's Shimmer pictured here on the far left (a gift from my wonderful SP7, Cindy
b. Embossed Leaves socks in A Piece of Vermont's Granny Smith (also from Cindy)
c. Jaywalker's socks in the Keohinoni colorway, fresh from Mama E's yarns (pictured center, front)
d. a sweater using one or both shades of my Debbie Bliss Baby Cashmerino. As of yet, the perfect pattern for this last yarn hasn't appeared.

And then there is that spinning that I'm dying to try.

My hair is falling out. I can see my scalp now and it's really freaky and even depressing at times. I've been wondering what in the hell is happening. Anyway, last night I read some posts by people who also take Copaxone injections for M.S. and some of them are having similar hair issues. This isn't an "official" side effect of the drug and Teva, the makers of Copaxone, say that there just has to be some other reason, like stress or genes to cause this. Maybe they're afraid people will stop. Personally, I'd rather take the shots and skip through the park with my kids bald than I would sit there all covered with hair just watching them from the sidelines.

So on that note, it's off for my shot and then on to dreaming about yarn, fiber, patterns, sheep and all that good stuff. Cheerio!

8 Comments:

Blogger Peacock said...

Thank you for your wonderful comment on my blog a couple of weeks ago!

You definitely won one of the prizes I said I would be giving! Your comment definitely made me laugh!! (Top Hats indeed! :) ) and you had a very good theory (although incorrect) about the reason for the buckets.

To collect, send me an e-mail with an address I can mail to at: peacockschallenge*@*hotmail.com

Hugs!
(I'll go read the rest of your blog now. ;)

10:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's amazing the difference the crown molding makes, isn't it? The room looks great, the knitting looks great, the hair thing sucks.

7:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your bedroom looks gorgeous. Isn't it a shame that we only fix up the house the way we want it...to sell it? The sweater is beautiful. I have no idea how to steek, so will keep my big mouth shut. Start whatever you want to start. Cut your hair. It might show less, but I don't really know. An old friend of mine who has MS just cuts her hair when she has that problem and it doesn't seem to occur all the time. Very strange indeed, it might also be stress (you're under just a bit). BTW, Mom said she's feeling a little bit better. Thanks.

8:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The room looks great - as does that sweater!

I'm v sorry to hear about your hair :o(

3:56 PM  
Blogger Sherrill said...

The room looks fabulous. Good job to both you and Brian.

As for the "hair" issue, you'll be cute with or without it...but just think, you can always knit some fun, cool hats too! Also, as I've said before, take it easy on the house...you are one mean, green, demolition machine. :)

Now when I can breathe from the "cookie dough" fundraiser, we will have to chat more about your fair isle. K?

Knitting group tonight at Cutter's Point Coffee shop, next to JoAnn's/Safeway, up across from the Longston Theaters...7 pm. Table reserved and you are very welcome to swing by if Brian will watch the kids.

4:53 PM  
Blogger Gillian said...

House preparation before sale pays off and I hope it does really well for you.
Big decision with hair loss is whether to go for some-and-clumpy or none-and-other-forms of coverage. If your's is only scattered loss it is probably worth while hanging onto as much as you can. A good hair-cutter can make it a lot better too. (this is from a chemo expert)
Anyway, what's with This "official" side effects routine. Who judges? I'll get back to you with a site I must check from my sister. She has MS too and I'm hoping to get her to try stem cell therapy and I'd be pleased to hear if anyone has some direct knowledge of it.
Good luck with the rest of the house. I presume "crown moldings" are what we call "cornices".
Well done for doing your own. They're hell to mitre,
cheers for now Gillian

2:03 AM  
Blogger Gillian said...

www.quackwatch.org is worth a browse, Cheers Gillian

2:14 AM  
Blogger Larjmarj said...

Can't wait to see everything you're going to make with the yarn! especially the orangy color, one of my fav's. My sister takes copaxone shots and she has not lost any hair. She takes a buttload of other meds too. Lots' of side effects to the steroids she takes

8:20 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home