Friday, April 07, 2006

Friday

Brian is preparing to depart for another national guard drill weekend. He's had several pre-interview interviews this week and filled out more applications, but still no solid job leads. I'm glad he's getting away for a few days, maybe he'll relax and enjoy his visit with his friend, Dan.
They enjoy each other's juvenile antics.



I have some unprocessed cashmere (a wad pictured to the left) . It came from my Mom's goat, Sarah. Sarah is part cashmere and part alpine (which accounts for the longer, courser hairs mixed in). It will need to be cleaned and carded before I even make an attempt at trying to spin it. Sweet, dear Cindy gave me a beautiful drop spindle during SP7 and I need to figure out how to use it.




I started a pair of socks for my Dad. He wears a size 13 DDD shoe and it definately is taking longer than knitting a standard women's sized sock. He's extremely conservative so the pattern is just a simple waffle rib taken from Sensational Knitted Socks. The pattern is hard to see because it is subtle and the variegation in the yarn hides it.










I cast on and knitted a few rows on the back of this sweater. Mine is brown instead of saffron though. Because the back is nothing more than a reverse stockinette it's both boring to knit and to photograph. The Elsebeth Lavold yarn knits nicely. Hopefully I'll make some progress on this during the weekend.

Hopefully everyone will have a peaceful and fiber-filled weekend!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That sweater is going to be beautiful!

8:52 PM  
Blogger Peacock said...

What yarn are you using for your dad's socks? It's really quite appealing! Keep at it, and you'll surely get them done by Father's Day! ;)

12:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lawd, you're a busy busy lady. Cashmere? Even if it's mixed with other fibers, OMG, how cool. And the sweater will be beautiful and your Dad's socks are gorgeous. That yarn is beautiful. You have a great weekend, too. Hopefully, Brian will have a good one.

3:00 PM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

Ooh - I tried to get Liv started awhile back but she had to go to the "naughty" pile because I was having so much trouble with her!
:(

Maybe I will dig that one out again. It's a good summer knit since the yarn is so light.

Give us an update on how yours is going! :)

10:45 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home