Thursday, April 13, 2006

Thank you Peacock!


Yesterday afternoon there was a knock on my door. When I opened it I discovered a package. It came from Peacock and it was my prize for the cactus/bucket story.
Inside the box was this delightful yarn and a postcard from Arizona.
She dyed the yarn herself and the colors are gorgeous. And get this, she actually said that if I didn't like it that I could send it back for something different... as if!
All other WIP's were pushed aside and I made a new hat yesterday.
There is enough yarn left for matching mittens too! The colors knitted up very pretty. I've never knitted with yarn wound on a center pull skein before either. Very nice! Definately putting a ball winder and swift on my wish list!
Thank you, Peacock!


2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love your hat. That yarn is quite beautiful. I haven't had the nerve to try the starter fluid thing on the lawnmower. Maybe after Easter, when the singe marks won't be so noticable. Yes, ballwinders make life more wonderful, as do swifts. Maybe for Christmas, huh?

12:27 PM  
Blogger Gillian said...

That's a gorgeous colour and it's knitted up with a lovely pattern to it. I'm so envious cos it's just what I want to be doing myself.
Cheers Gillian

3:23 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home