Thursday, April 27, 2006

Liv has been conquered!


After four attempts I finally figured out the chart for the front of the Liv sweater! I finally just blew up a photocopy of the chart from the book, got out a pencil and made lots of notes on my chart to remind me of what and what not to do. Not exactly scientific, but it worked. I'll switch over and do the front right chart this afternoon, then I can connect the two pieces and continue on up the front with one piece.





I lost the Gilligan's Island contest, but only because I lost the coin toss between the other person who had the same number of correct answers as I. Who would have known that Gilligan's real name was Willy Gilligan... sheesh. Anyway, I won't be immortalized as an animated character.

This is national "Turn off your television" week. We're participating and my girls are not pleased with me.

Contest winners, you have not been forsaken. I received an email this morning that the yarn from Blue Moon Fiber Arts will be mailed to me on Monday. They were out of one of the colorways and have been busily dyeing. Once it arrives here then I'll package it up and send out your winnings.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry about the contest. I know how that is. I think the sweater is beautiful. I love the color. Also, it is hard (with kids) to keep the TV off. It's a great babysitter.

12:05 PM  
Blogger Gillian said...

Ooooh! I think you are so clever to be able to read charts. I sent for a lovely new book on lace knitting and it's all charts, so I'll have to have a go. I think the photocopy idea sounds good cos then, as you said, you can make notes on it etc. as you go.
Good luck with the other side.
Cheers Gillian

3:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on your conquest!

7:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh yes, the Liv sweater is getting along so fine now - sometimes it just takes a little while and certain "knitter's tricks" until it works, but then the result will be so worth it!
Oh, I can imagine your girls aren't that happy with "Turn your TV off" week - but perhaps they'll get to see the advantages of it pretty quickly, who knows, they might end up enjoying it? Fingets crossed :)

11:26 PM  
Blogger Melissa said...

That sweater looks gorgeous.

10:44 AM  
Blogger kitkatknit said...

Oh darn, I missed a Gilligan quiz? I even knew the Willy answer.

3:35 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home