Tuesday, January 24, 2006

I NEED CHOCOLATE...

I don't smoke and I rarely drink alcohol. My vices include a terrible caffeine addiction (both coffee and tea), saying bad words and the buying and hoarding of yarn. But every now and again this terrible urge to eat chocolate hits. And it isn't like, "Gee, chocolate sounds good." It's more like, "If I don't get some BLEEP BLEEP chocolate someone will be hurt." Tonight is one of those times. In a fit of desperation I opened a can of chocolate frosting and ate two huge spoonfuls. I don't think there's actually cocoa used in that stuff. My chocolate craving is unsatisfied and my tongue feels like it's covered in shortening.

Today wasn't particularly hectic, but due to an intensive reading program at my two older daughters' school, planning a science fair experiment and my youngest being home for the day, I haven't had time to knit today. I'm hoping that 20 minutes or so will give me enough time to finish up Brian's slippers for felting. I need to get back to the Philosopher's wool cardigan and it's been on hold.

Here's a link to the cap that I made for Brian on Saturday(see below). It is a wonderful, quick pattern and I'm sticking it in my binder to keep for future hat making. I used about 4/5 of a skein of Cascade 220 for this. http://www.needlebeetle.com/free/seacap.htm

Good night all, here's to chocolate dreams and no dropped stitches!

2 Comments:

Blogger CP said...

EW! Shortening tongue.

Sounds like a rare disease.

Got here from Maven's page! Autumn is a REAL cutie!

CP.

7:10 PM  
Blogger Heidi said...

I hate shortning tounge - feels like you have licked a can of lard. Come on over and visit my blog today - I updated. Happy felting - hope you can get at that today.

4:59 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home