Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Dangerous Discovery!

While browsing through the blogs of other SP7 participants I read several references to something called Etsy . Oh my... after going there I had to add it along with Knitpicks and Ebay under favorites. Unfortunately, while there are many one of a kind yarns to choose from they are also out of my budget. Thank heavens for Knitpicks and Ebay! It's still fun to look though! Besides, Ebay allows me to re-sell the stuff from my stash that I will honestly never use. I have to ask myself, "What were you thinking?" when I come across boucle and chenille in my stash. Both are yarns that I will probably never use, but for some strange reason I bought them.

I've made a few inches of progress on the body of my Color Your Own Philosopher's Wool Sweater. Fair Isle isn't a very portable project so I may have to start some socks or something small to take in the car for school pick up and drop offs.



Brian will find out on the 26th if he still has a job with Verizon. I firmly believe that U.S. companies that outsource jobs should be stiffly taxed for doing so. But then again, I also think it would nice if the world were safe for small, fuzzy creatures and that there were no pollution or war.

3 Comments:

Blogger Sherrill said...

That sweater is looking wonderful. You are fabulous...bring that bad boy in once you get the body tube done...I must see, I must google, I must "ahhh and ooooohhh".

8:36 PM  
Blogger Heidi said...

So pretty!! I am going to ebay right now to see the yarn they have for sale. Did'nt know they had any! LOL

10:29 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Heide - your philosopher's sweater looks beautiful! I haven't made much progress on mine - I decided to make hemmed cuffs and bottom edge instead of ribbing. And, now that I see yours, I think I'll abandon the sleeve and do the body. The whole "running out of colors" issue might be less of one if I have the body the way I like it...maybe.

10:36 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home