Sunday, January 15, 2006

First Finished object of 2006!


One Down, many more to go!

Whoo hoo! I finally finished my first knitting project of 2006. My goal is to not have a pile of UFOs laying around the house. It drives my husband crazy.

And what serendipity should occur other than the intended recipient of this stopping by for a surprise visit. Karen lives in Bellingham and we only see each other once or twice a year, but we still talk a lot on the phone and email one another. Anyway, she was quite the sport to try on the very damp sweater.

Both Brian and Karen liked the Celtic Knot buttons so that is what I'll use. She promised to act surprised in March (her birthday).

While Karen was visiting she brought out a project that she is hand-quilting. This piece has a warm yellow top and bright blue back and quilting. The colors are quite stunning together. I can't remember what this style of quilting is called, but it is beautiful work! She belongs to a quilting guild in Bellingham and makes many lovely quilts.
I just talked with Karen and this is called a Welsh Whole-cloth quilt with traditional motifs.


I enjoyed our visit and wish that we lived closer.

1 Comments:

Blogger Sherrill said...

Yahoo! Another project done for you. Doesn't that feel great. Glad to see you got the sweater pieced together. Great job.

10:29 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home