Thursday, January 26, 2006

Can you hear me now?

Brian lost his job at Verizon today. Instead of, "Can you hear me now?" the question should be, "Can you understand my broken English?" I still don't understand how American companies can get away with outsourcing all of their jobs and not have to pay steep penalties. I could rant forever, but that wouldn't pay the bills or get Brian's job back. I guess it's time to get serious about the ebay sales. I already cancelled cable and some other luxuries. Brian will try to work some active duty days while looking for permanent employment. We'll be moving, probably to the Portland area. That means I'll be using a lot of would-be knitting time working on finishing up some home-improvements necessary to selling this place. We will keep our internet service and hopefully our email addresses will remain the same. Ciao for now.

2 Comments:

Blogger Heidi said...

Heide - I am so sorry about this. It really sucks major butt!!! You can thank the national free trade agreement for part of this crap!!! Companies can do this cuz they dont have to pay bennefits to family's here. They send the jobs to India where they can work for $4 per hour and get free medicine that the united states send's them. Some have more opportunities than we do- I did say some. I am so sorry - is there nothing in that area that he could do so you dont have to move away. Please e-mail me if there is ANYTHING that you need or I can help you with or if you need to swear and let it all out. My love to you and hubby.

3:10 PM  
Blogger Quilt'n & Scrap'n TruckRLady said...

OUCH.....I truely had my fingers crossed for you. Sorry to hear you lost your job Brian. Your smart and good at what you do, you'll find good work soon I'm sure...hang in there Heide...all will be well soon!

1:09 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home