Friday, July 14, 2006

We're Done and Thank you Deb and Apron tribute!

Hooray, we're done! The car's crammed full of dirty clothes, bedding, pine needles, sit-upons and other crafty delights and it all reeks of Off Mosquito Repellant and campfire smoke. Everything will be unloaded later, everyone is bathing as I type and then we're on to naps.

Last night I discovered our air mattress leaks. We ended up sleeping inside an open-air covered shelter for fear of rain that never came. All in all it was a fun experience. I enjoyed being with the girls and helping them earn their badges, meet new friends and try new activities. They were mostly an attentive, respectful and fun bunch of girls (some had their moments, but that's typical for all children). The adults... well, most of them are extremely nice ladies. They volunteer their time and money to make camp fun and wonderful. But as with most organized events, politics and cliques manage to find their way in and wreake havoc. Enough said.

Upon arriving home I discovered a package patiently waiting on the back porch. Inside this package was none other than this:

That would be 410 yards of Merino Wool sock yarn dyed in the Desert Flower colorway from Deb at Fearless Fibers! It is scrumptious and destined to be transformed into these socks. For some reason these lovely colors make me feel like cables. Thank you Deb, I am in awe of your beautiful dyeing job and I can't wait to knit them up!

The ever-talented Sherrill over at Baa Bonny Belle has written the most wonderful tribute to aprons ever. Not only should everyone drop by and read it, but we should encourage Sherrill to start up a sew-along or exchange as well!

And don't forget Ferg's adverb contest, it ends in two days!

Now off to wash and condition A-3's hair, check on my chickens and take that nap.


7 Comments:

Blogger Gillian said...

Glad to hear that you are all safe and well and at home. Your chickens will be so glad to see you too.
I bet you have that lovely wool on some needles already!
Cheers Gillian

4:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome home :o)

5:00 PM  
Blogger Wendy Stackhouse said...

Glad to hear all went well. And sorry to hear that cliques persist everywhere people manage to gather ostensibly to work together. I got "cliqued out" of girlscouts as a Junior and I refuse to allow any of it with our girls. Now, if only the adults would give it up!

5:31 PM  
Blogger Sherrill said...

Heide...oh no...I didn't write it...I just posted it from an email from my gfriend, Cindy. I enjoyed it so much I posted it with a pic of the apron I made yesterday to go with it. LOL...I'm not that clever.

5:48 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Glad you had a great time, apart from the cliques. How annoying.

Gorgeous yarn!

7:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How great that you had such a nice time and that you're back home safely! I love the yarn you received, can't wait to see what you're going to make with it!

6:26 AM  
Blogger aija said...

Welcome home! Beautiful yarn... love Deb's products!

1:17 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home