Tuesday, July 11, 2006


Here are most of our girls waiting to be picked up by their parents. (picture is purposely blurred for privacy reasons). Notice that most are sitting? That's because we ran their little patooties off today. And in spite of "You Knit What?" featuring hideous God's Eyes in a recent Fug offering, I am NOT foisting off any of my crappy acrylic yarn on our campers. The way I see it, their parents owe us big time for sending them home tired and and ready for bed. They also should thank us for not sending them home with hideous and useless keepsakes.

Daily Knitting Withdrawal has been alleviated thanks to winning a contest from Deb at "Fearless Fibers"! She recently finished knitting an incredibly large and beautiful shawl. For her contest people had to guess how many stitches were in her creation. The actual number required to make her mitered shawl totalled 250,512! Holy sheep, Batman, that's one heck of a lot of knitting. And guess what? I'll get some of Deb's beautiful Merino sock yarn for a prize. Hooray and thank you Deb!

Patti, thank you for the thank you card, that was really sweet.

7 Comments:

Blogger Cindy said...

Good Lord. There must be thousands of girls (at least it seems like it). You rock. Really. And congrats on the contest. You are the winningest person I know.

6:15 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

How lovely to work at camp . . . but even lovelier to send them home, huh? LOL I'm just kidding, it sounds like you had a lot of fun (even if you were a bit sore). Congrats on your prize - can't wait to see the yarn she sends.

6:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gosh, that's certainly quite a bunch of girls! And hey, congrats on winning the contest - I'm pretty curious already to seeing the yarn Deb is going to send!

10:08 PM  
Blogger Wendy Stackhouse said...

Can't wait till DD goes to camp next week and falls over on the ride home! I actually taught God's Eyes to kids at our church family camp last year, but ended up making them myself. They had no appreciation for the fact that I had brought...handspun yarn!!

Have fun and drink lots of water!

7:40 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I remember the summer DD#1 was enrolled in Girl Scout Camp. Yours looks MUCH more fun. Here, in Colorado, it was too hot, too dry and my poor, fair skinned daughter got dehydrated and overheated - to the point of sun stroke one day. It just didn't last after that day. You have my complete and utter awe if you can help run what looks like such a great camp!

6:21 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Personally, I've always thought FUG is a matter of taste!

6:22 PM  
Blogger Gina House said...

I commend you highly for not foisting any crappy acrylic yarn off on the campers! Good girl!

12:58 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home