Friday, July 21, 2006

Helena, Paljon kiitoksia!


Hauska paiva!
Today's mail contained a very special surprize knitting magazine. Moda arrived all the way from Suomi (Finland), courtesy of my cousin, Helena! Kiitta (thank you). What a wonderful and thoughtful surprize. There are so many wonderul patterns in this (55 knitting and 47 sewing) that I don't know where to start. The charts are well-written and hopefully some translation programs will have me knitting these beauties up soon!

Helena herself is an accomplished knitter. Many of the family members there are extremely talented. They harvest, spin and weave flax, paint, crochet, embroider, sew and knit.

Someday I hope to travel there and visit. Thank you again!

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool!

3:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, this sounds like such a great magazines with all these cool patterns - I'm really curious already to see what you're going to make from it! And your cousin Helena seems like such an interesting person - maybe you can persuade her to start a blog to show her work?

4:08 AM  
Blogger Karen said...

Oh how cool!!!! I can't wait to see what you create from that.

5:52 AM  
Blogger Ye Merrie Quilter said...

Geez! The quilting magazines get really excited if they offer more than 15 patterns in a single issue! How big is this magazine? Was it delivered by forklift?!

10:57 AM  
Blogger Gillian said...

I'm terribly impressed by your ability to have a go at something with instructions in another language. I'm hopelessly out of my depth with anything other than English. I always admired the migrant students at school who so bravely got on with talking, listening and learning in a new language.
Have fun with "choosing what to do first",
Cheers Gillian

6:05 PM  
Blogger Cindy said...

That magazine is so cool. I can't wait to hear about your pattern decisions. What fun. Hope you, B, A's 1-3 are all doing well. Bunches of hugs.

6:24 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home