Saturday, February 11, 2006

Olympic progress & packing


Between last night and today I've made about 9 1/2 inches in progress on my first pair of socks. I really love the happy colors and I ordered another skein to make sure that there would be enough yarn to make these socks really long.

If there is enough yarn left over then I'll make a matching stocking cap using the same swirled ribbed pattern. Afterall, coordinating head and foot wear is important!



A local family purchased and picked up two large curios from us today. Now I can move some boxes down to the garage. It's amazing how much stuff we've accumulated over the years. And of course, the girls don't want to part with anything. They inherited the packrat gene from my late father-in-law. He was a very nice man, but he saved everything from dead batteries and broken coat hangers to old cars. Some of the stuff I'm trying to unload now actually belonged to him and he passed away back in 1999! I wonder if it's only Americans who collect too much stuff or if this is a world wide epidemic.

1 Comments:

Blogger Crankipantz said...

I've moved so many times in the past 7 years, I haven't been able to accumulate stuff like that. Of course, I did give all of my stuff away 3 years ago and started with nothing but clothes and DVDs. One thing I did keep that would fall in the category of things I should never have kept...I have a test tube with a titanium cap, filled with peanut butter, that went up in the space shuttle. Talk about keeping things that one shouldn't.

So you're making socks! Oh...I have a question and it's not exactly the right time of year for this, but can you make giant Christmas stockings? I've been looking everywhere online for something similar to what I have and I can't find it anywhere! I could hire you to do a commission piece! And then there are those felt cartoon characters we talked about. You and I need to talk some business because I couldn't knit to save my life and you appear to be quite talented!

:-)

10:35 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home