Friday, November 18, 2005

Really BIG mistake


I've spent most of this week running between my kids' schools and activities so my knitting time has been severely limited. As a result, I just finished the sock I started last weekend. This was based on an Ann Norling pattern called "Play on Ribs". I've tried this pattern once before and I ended up with a child-sized pair of socks while attempted a women's medium sock. This time I sought to remedy that so I bumped the needle size from the suggested 1 or 2 to a 3. I also added two more repeats of the pattern. The result was a HUGE sock. The heel came way up the back of my leg and the toe of the sock folded back over about 1 1/2 inches... before stretching. Keep in mind that I do NOT have small feet (I wear an 8 or 8 1/2 women's shoe). Because the yarn is so bright I doubt many men would come near them. So, I have two choices before me... 1. tear this sock out and start over or 2. find a gay man with really big feet. For this weekend I'll set this aside and do something different.

1 Comments:

Blogger Sherrill said...

LOL...that gave me a good laugh...choice #2 that is. Ah, the lessons we all learn knitting. What's next on the knit list for you?

3:19 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home