Monday, October 31, 2005

Happy Halloween!

Well, I finished knitting the main body of the recycled silk cardigan this weekend. The colors are pretty intense the the variety of textures make it look pretty funky. I'm hoping that by finishing the edges and blocking it that it will somehow transform into something socially acceptable to wear!

My biggest critic is our new kitten, Bonnie. She has no qualms about unraveling items or treating others like chew toys. Well, Miss Bonnie, when you sprout opposable thumbs and learn to knit then I'll give credence to your opinion! In the meantime, I need to keep everything out of her reach.

The recycled silk yarn offered a difference knitting experience. The colors were fun and wild, but the thin spots required lots of breaking and retying. I'm looking forward to beginning a project with a more consistent yarn. My next project will be the flower basket shawl in Elsebeth Lavold's silky wool. I admit that I planned on doing this over a week ago, but the new yarn came in. That Yarn Attention deficit Disorder and Addiction (YADDA) is hard to overcome.

3 Comments:

Blogger Crankipantz said...

We love our animals don't we? Why is that? I haven't figured it out yet myself, but hopefully soon, I'll think of a reason. Happy Halloween!

2:42 PM  
Blogger Sherrill said...

Heide...adorable. The sweater and little Miss Bonnie. I can't wait to see the yarn you will be using for the FBS...what goodies did you get in your KnitPicks box?

A big thank you is on my blog for the wonderful Sari Recycled Silk. You rock!

Happy knitting...Sherrill

9:45 PM  
Blogger Sherrill said...

Uh...yeah, me agan. Here are two sites to check out...one has some cool tops/t's..check the archive patterns as well (magknits.com) and the other has some funky, wild things...not awhole lot I would make, but at least interesting to peak the knitting mind. (spunmag.com).

Stop by the office....I have a lil' something for you. Sherrill

5:55 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home